Level designer

oplli

Hello community and developers, For some time I started playing the long dark and I found that
 there was something missing in the game. The main purpose of this game is to survive if I am not
 mistaken. Unfortunately, surviving in 5 maps of just a few kilometers may after some times become
 bored. I do not criticize at all the work of developers who have a lot of work. but I see only one
 solution to this problem: to set up a small application inside the game allowing the community
 to create maps and to be able to share them. I can understand that all these ideas can be long
 to code, but I prefer to wait 5 months see even 1 year before the next update and have the ability
 to create maps only to have updates every two months and bug fix. But it remains to have the
 opinion of the rest of the community because I do not think its will be just for me! :)

Please give your opinion below to know other players' opinion

Thank you.

Ugh. That formatting is killing me. 

Anyways I dont think this is such a great idea. It would take a ton of work and the outcome of such level generators/creators/editors is often very over-hyped. Perhaps in time with more mod support, this would be a possibility - but I would be rather if they focused at the tasks at hand atm - fixing bugs, adding more content into the game in terms of gameplay possibilities, not just new maps. 

The result of these editors are generally tons of horribly bad maps with occasional good one... and I can see how connecting these maps could be a big challenge. Also, connecting these individual maps would likely create immersion breaking worlds when you would pass through a region of mountains straight to the plains, then a shore, and then again mountains, in a strange manner. I think this suggestion works better in theory then in practise. Kind of like that old Minecraft region system which would connect tundras to deserts... There would be strange transitions in between regions.

Oh, I see. No issue then - but a tip if you wont mind: you can control C copy your translated text into a Notepad, then from notepad to here - and it wont be formatted. :)

I dont think its neccesarily bad idea, in fact I would like to see something like this eventually. But not any time soo, as there wont be much of a need for new maps for a while now, I think.

Archived