JACKROX_12234

What is the first thing you did in the long dark?

38 posts in this topic

What is the first thing you ever remember doing in a sandbox mode in TLD? My first thing was when I looted the house on Jackrabbit island in costal highway.

Walk around in circles like an idiot looking at the warmer/colder indicator in the UI to see if I was getting "closer."

My first ever spawn was the spawnpoint just east of lookout too so there was nothing I could use to orient myself.

Similar to @shade_grey, I spawned in the upper left area of the ML, but having never been there, I wandered around not knowing where to go. Got down to clear cut and saw the path up the mountain, so headed up not knowing whT would be there.  Blinding storm hit and I got disoriented and walked off the mountain side and died.

My first ever spawn was somewhere in ML. Thats all there was then. It was night time, and a blizzard. I wandered around until I froze to death without ever finding anything. Didn't play again until CH was added. 

Wandered around getting used to the controls, figured out the inventory system, etc. Got lost, it got pretty dark quickly. Picked a direction and walked. Soon heard a loud "RUHRUHRUHRUHH!!!" as glowing green eyes trotted in my direction. This was my first time experiencing the struggle mechanic, and my condition was already low from freezing, so I died.

found the dam by accident, couldn't find my way back inside on the winding river side, spent three days living in caves and sleeping in the open before i found my way back into the dam and continued Not Dying

I lowered the sound, and i have searched the trappers homestand without sucess

i had watched about 5 minutes of a lets play before buying so i knew where the camp office and the lookout were. i spawned in (don't remember where but i found the lookout fast) grabbed a gun and some rounds, i was stoked to kill a wolf.

wandered down to the derailment, saw two wolves..took aim....one charged, i missed. mauled. mauled again. shot one dead, other ran off. thinking I'm all high and mighty i go to harvest and proceed to bleed out like an idiot

Spawned near Hibernia Processing plant, got attacked by like 3 wolves trying to get there. Bled a lot. Also died.

Spawned at trappers cabin, looted it, got lost in the woods, and died. 

Not counting the very first "attempt" when I purposedly froze to death, studying the mechanics...

My first attempt at playing: spawned at the Logging camp. Looted the trailers. Left in a search of the Trappers Homestead aka "that pretty cabin from the loading screen" - almost died to wolves at around the Train Derailment. Took a right for the unnamed pond - eventually I also found the Trappers, made my base there.

Considering back then surviving 50 days was very impressive and around 100 was insane, I would think my first ever attempt was pretty succesful. (well technically second, but not counting the one where I didnt even tried to move out of the cold)

Edited by Mroz4k

12 hours ago, alone sniper said:

Get scared by fluffy.

Fluffy was SO scary at early updates !! :wolf:

I spawned at the western access of ML. Wandered around and I believe the first location I entered was the camp office...

I looked around and wondered where the hell I was, and which way I ought to go..

Then decided to follow the old rule for when one is utterly lost.. "when lost, head downhill."

On 19. 9. 2017 at 7:57 AM, alone sniper said:

Fluffy was SO scary at early updates !! :wolf:

True! I was just able to survive Fluffy the first time I met her... wasnt so lucky in the attempts later.

Spawned close to Unamed Pond, made it to the hunter's blind and found a bow. A blizzard set in so I started walking until I found proper shelter. That first game went surprisingly well... until I died agonisingly from food poisoning a day or two later - don't eat bad canned fish!

I believe in my very first game I spawned near the forestry lookout. Was thrilled to have found some shelter, there was food for one meal, then a blizzard and the roaming wolves trapped me there and I died. 

Left to go find the forums because I couldn't figure out how to get more water.  Wrestled some wolves and looted some goods, too.  But WTH can't I make water?!?!

Making sure I had pants on.  It seems cold in Mystery Lake, and I would hate to get frostbite in all the wrong places.