What is the first thing you did in the long dark?

JACKROX_12234

Similar to @shade_grey, I spawned in the upper left area of the ML, but having never been there, I wandered around not knowing where to go. Got down to clear cut and saw the path up the mountain, so headed up not knowing whT would be there.  Blinding storm hit and I got disoriented and walked off the mountain side and died.

Wandered around getting used to the controls, figured out the inventory system, etc. Got lost, it got pretty dark quickly. Picked a direction and walked. Soon heard a loud "RUHRUHRUHRUHH!!!" as glowing green eyes trotted in my direction. This was my first time experiencing the struggle mechanic, and my condition was already low from freezing, so I died.

i had watched about 5 minutes of a lets play before buying so i knew where the camp office and the lookout were. i spawned in (don't remember where but i found the lookout fast) grabbed a gun and some rounds, i was stoked to kill a wolf.

wandered down to the derailment, saw two wolves..took aim....one charged, i missed. mauled. mauled again. shot one dead, other ran off. thinking I'm all high and mighty i go to harvest and proceed to bleed out like an idiot

Not counting the very first "attempt" when I purposedly froze to death, studying the mechanics...

My first attempt at playing: spawned at the Logging camp. Looted the trailers. Left in a search of the Trappers Homestead aka "that pretty cabin from the loading screen" - almost died to wolves at around the Train Derailment. Took a right for the unnamed pond - eventually I also found the Trappers, made my base there.

Considering back then surviving 50 days was very impressive and around 100 was insane, I would think my first ever attempt was pretty succesful. (well technically second, but not counting the one where I didnt even tried to move out of the cold)

Spawned close to Unamed Pond, made it to the hunter's blind and found a bow. A blizzard set in so I started walking until I found proper shelter. That first game went surprisingly well... until I died agonisingly from food poisoning a day or two later - don't eat bad canned fish!

Archived