Weird exploits I found that I'd like to see put in the game

Hi Hinterland and community, I wanted to discuss a few things I found odd recently when playing. First of all, on a quest to see if I could get the old revolver into my file, I found a file editor. When looking for items to add, I found the following things that I found interesting - a fire axe with a picture but not yet functional, a shovel with nothing but the description "missing", a car battery that i could put in my inventory but not pick up after dropped, a compression bandage with an accurate description, but once again, no function, and finally, a flint and steel that used 1% condition each use and lowered the starting chance from matches by 20%. When I dropped the flint and steel, they took the form of the Hydro Dam med supplies from story mode. Since story mode is recent, I'm hoping that these items are going to be implemented soon. While fumbling around in Broken railroad looking for exploits, I somehow crossed a fence preventing you from getting into the ravine on the west side of the region. After making my way down, I found some firewood, sticks, two dead deer, a dead wolf, and a backpack. I think there should be a rope point added somewhere to allow people to get down AND up. One final thing - I know TLD is not a first person shooter, but I would have a lot more fun if you put the revolver back in and maybe a shotgun? Tell me what you think. Thanks!

These are old assets people found a while ago. Some of them are old items from the alpha and some have never been seen in game. Shovel and Fire Axe being some of them. Did you get the revolver in the game or not?

Also, I found the Broken Railroad secret areas when exploring with Fly Mode on. I also found that locked gate. And there was a rope added letting you into the bottom of the Ravine last hotfix.

No, I wasn't able to find the revolver when it was in or spawn it in now. Cool to know that there is a rope going down there now, I appreciate the info on everything. I wonder if the gate leads to Milton or where?

If I remember correctly, the shovel could actually be found after glitching into the menu screen (Trapper's homestead in white nothingness), where it could be seen before that. The shovel also used to be around as a menu icon in times of old, standing for the construction of a snow shelter. The pistol was supposed to be introduced into the game at some point, I think it as announced as an item. Hasn't happened so far though. Interesting find about the car battery, I have not heard about that one before. It was expected to appear as a collectible item in the game long ago, as it was always standing out from the car engines visibly. But by now it has been like that for ages, so who knows. Flint & Steel have also at some point appeared in a menu, didn't they? Couldn't be used and disappeared again, that's my dim memory. I guess at some point, most of these items are going to be in the game.

It was possible to pull out car batteries out of the car at one version of the game, and move them around. Supposedly. Never seen it happen myself.

Revolver is planned, I believe. Rest I dont know nothing about. Flint & steel as a forging recipe would be appreaciated.

10 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

It was possible to pull out car batteries out of the car at one version of the game, and move them around. Supposedly. Never seen it happen myself.

Revolver is planned, I believe. Rest I dont know nothing about. Flint & steel as a forging recipe would be appreaciated.

The batteries were collectable during one of the test-branch updates. I don't think it ever saw wide release. 

Archived