Cache Mastery or Bug Reporting "Best" Practices

black72rat

I have a simple question: why do bug reports, if you do not even read them? TLDP-4013 and TLDP-4035 I specifically noted: "And vice versa - if you talk with Jeremy about the cache (without reading the note on the dam), then Alan's cache is not marked on the map (under any circumstances)." Patch 1.14 - Fixed issue preventing Jeremiah's Flare Trust mission from triggering correctly ONLY. What's the problem guys? The game is wildly and often crashes on ps4 (my error log of ps4 is full of errors The Long Dark), and you also can not fix a simple quest? Why should we do beta testing, and not enjoy the game?

Whoa, I understand being frustrated that the game is buggy--I'm on PS4, too, and I feel your pain-- but I think you're being a little unfair to the development team. They're working their tails off trying to fix everything, and that will take time. They might not fix things in the order that you or I would like, but there's likely a reason for them doing it that way, and I'm sure it's not that they're not reading bug reports-- the fact that many of the bugs being reported are getting fixed is evidence of that. Also consider that they're pretty much all on vacation this month (a well-deserved one, I think, after all the work they had to do nonstop pre- and post-launch-- you can read about it in the News and Updates section), and frankly, it's amazing they're rolling out updates, despite that!

The point is, they will get to it. You've reported the bug, but now you have to wait-- I know, it's a drag to have to wait for the game you bought to get fixed, but it's not like this sort of thing doesn't happen in major AAA games, too, and this is a waaaay smaller dev team to get to all this stuff. We haven't been abandoned, and we're not being ignored, so things are actively being worked on.

Perhaps you can explore Survival mode while you wait for the quest to get patched? Survival mode is the backbone of the game and far less buggy (I've only seen a single crash within the past week or so during Survival), and personally, I find it more enjoyable.

6 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

Perhaps you can explore Survival mode while you wait for the quest to get patched? Survival mode is the backbone of the game and far less buggy (I've only seen a single crash within the past week or so during Survival), and personally, I find it more enjoyable.

especially for you (psn id). did you really think that I was making a review about the game without its full walkthrough? The survival mode is much more unstable than the storyline.

6 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

but it's not like this sort of thing doesn't happen in major AAA games, too

yes, you are right, there are errors in all (or almost all) games, but I have NEVER seen SO MANY crashes in my life. 

Archived