Really? REALLY?

TROY

I wouldnt complain if there was ANY rhyme or reason to this... actually, I might, but thats beside the point. 

screen_13b2d20e-7ef2-4709-8c37-f407f702e45d_hi.thumb.png.222e806da76e6c224dce5bd9d36e68ae.png

Freshly rested, barely encumbered. Sprained wrist. Here.   Seriously? This asshat doesnt deserve to find his woman OR survive the apocalypse. 

To make matters worse, He NEVER stops complaining about something.  No wonder Astirid dumped him once already.  I keep expecting to hear him say "OK, sure could use a bubble bath." or "My beard has never needed a trim so bad IN MY LIFE!" or "Never thought I'd be dying from lack of a pedicure"  

Good God Will, TOUGHEN UP A LITTLE ALREADY!

I feel like there should be a "dipping" animation to simulate a trip and fall.  That would be explanation enough to satisfy most players, and avoid the appearance of the Fracture Fairy coming to visit every other day.  As it stands now I'm concerned that Will is breaking his own fingers to keep the painkiller train rolling.  :)

I actually feel with Will, because I have similar problem like he does, in real life. I would often go out with extra pair of socks on top and with a fixture on my ankles because I tend to sprain my ankles all the time. Its a faulty genetical trait I inherited from my father. No kidding, it happens at least three times a week if I dont carry proper equipment, or dont pay super attention when walking.

But I dont complain like a little whiny girl all the time about it. I will just cuss out half of my rude vocabulary in all the languages that I know, and five minutes later, I am limping in silence forward.

The upside is that I can have a good night sleep, and in the morning, my ankle is as good as new. Usually.

So I wonder if they both have just horrible genes like me. Both Astrid and Will... :D (at least they have SOMETHING in common - limpy limbs and mouth that wont stop bitchin´ bout it)

15 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

The upside is that I can have a good night sleep, and in the morning, my ankle is as good as new. Usually.

So much for all the claims that have been made here over the years that sleeping off a sprain is unrealistic!

Good to hear you don't let your condition get you down, also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2017 at 0:43 PM, Ape88 said:

Personally I prefer the female character in the survival mode due to the fact her complaining seems to be less intense.

Funny.. my reason for playing the male character is exactly the same.. he doesn't seem to complain as much as the female..

• 1 month later...

Dude, chill. I was complaining to him because he felt it was cold outside. It was like -30 C and I got angry.. "Don't be a baby, it's not THAT cold.

Me at -5 C: ohmygodimgoingtodiepleasehelpmeitstoocold

From this point, I stopped complaining about his complaining.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:41 PM, TROY said:

I wouldnt complain if there was ANY rhyme or reason to this... actually, I might, but thats beside the point. 

screen_13b2d20e-7ef2-4709-8c37-f407f702e45d_hi.thumb.png.222e806da76e6c224dce5bd9d36e68ae.png

Freshly rested, barely encumbered. Sprained wrist. Here.   Seriously? This asshat doesnt deserve to find his woman OR survive the apocalypse. 

To make matters worse, He NEVER stops complaining about something.  No wonder Astirid dumped him once already.  I keep expecting to hear him say "OK, sure could use a bubble bath." or "My beard has never needed a trim so bad IN MY LIFE!" or "Never thought I'd be dying from lack of a pedicure"  

Good God Will, TOUGHEN UP A LITTLE ALREADY!

I think it's fine.

If you're walking along a railway line covered in snow, you could easily fall over and sprain something. Even on flat ground or roads, you can still slip or trip because it's snow and ice you're walking on.

I just think the fact that a few hours sleep or a couple of pills makes it all vanish is a bit cheap - and that's what causes most of the frustration. If you had to carry around these afflictions for some time and deal with your pain in a more believable way, it would feel much more like a valid part of the gameplay experience rather than the mild repetitive irritation that it currently is.

2 hours ago, Pillock said:

If you had to carry around these afflictions for some time and deal with your pain in a more believable way, it would feel much more like a valid part of the gameplay experience rather than the mild repetitive irritation that it currently is.

Well, that's a double edged sword. More realistic sprains would be nice (I have a post about that from a few years back) but you'd need to make them far less frequent if they were actually serious. 

@Carbon: Wish I saw your opiate post the first time. That was hilarious! :D

Last time I got attacked by a wolf:

"I'm gonna bleed out soon. I'm gonna bleed out soon. I'm gonna bleed out soon. I'm gonna bleed out soon..... I really need some first aid. I'm gonna bleed out soon. I'm gonna bleed out soon."

They do need to touch up on the affliction dialogue a bit.

1 hour ago, private duksworth said:

yeah I've found that when i pick up sticks or stones they say i hope no body needs this anymore or i wonder if the owners around. o come on its a stick and a stone no one wants them. they really need to fix some of this. good thing is that its not a major problem just a little weird.

Yeah, I've noticed that too and commented on it in the last test branch. Still, not a high priority fix versus the recent update work. 

Archived