"Do NOT attempt..."

TROY

12 hours ago, cekivi said:

Don't forget having wounds insta-heal with a bandage and a splash of peroxide. And being able to regenerate your body in a single night! :D

Sounds like a regular Saturday morning for me. Every Friday when I hit the pub with my mates, I end up losing a lot of condition, but next day its back!

I will not try, i did fine in Mystery River for 26 days, i had a lot of rabbit, wolf and deer skin, so i was just fishing to get some food and then i should start to make rabbit mittens, deerskin boots, pants and wolfskin jacket, but i was tired and i thought i could go to sleep in the fishing hut without fire up the oven, because it said i would have + 8 celsius in my bedroll, i went for sleep for 10 hours and that became my death,  that was really heartbreaking and i'm still very angry with myself, but i have started a new game and i will not do that again, that's for sure :D.

Would i try this in real life? No, i'm good with trying to survive in TLD :).

On 14/09/2017 at 9:49 PM, TROY said:

..."to use what you learn in The Long Dark in real life. Doing so may result in injury, illness, or even death."

Pesky disclaimers... are as useful as Sunpat telling me that my nutter-butter contains nuts. If you're already reading the small print then chances are you're the sort of person who is not stupid enough to realise the blindingly obvious.

That said, I did learn that finding a corpse in a cabin in the woods is not always a bad thing... it might have a nutbar in it's pocket - tasty! :D 

Oh god! I almost died again, no, not in real life trying to live like TLD, but in the TLD, this time i have survived for 30 days, have rabbit pelt mittens, deer skin boots and pants and wolfskin jacket, so i'm doing well, but... i made i camp fire and i think i started it on my toes, because when the fire was going i was burned badly and my life dropped to 5% , i couldn't even see the health bar, so i barely made it, the first time i froze to death and this time i almost burned to death, i wonder what's next :D.

1 hour ago, cekivi said:

Knowing the Long Dark I'd say eaten now that you're charbroiled ;) 

Hahaha, oh god i didn't think of that, i'm glad i'm staying away from the bears, as long as the rabbits dosen't start to eat meat and dosen't try to eat me i will be fine... i think :D.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:10 PM, ingrobny said:

Hahaha, oh god i didn't think of that, i'm glad i'm staying away from the bears, as long as the rabbits dosen't start to eat meat and dosen't try to eat me i will be fine... i think :D.

Just arm yourself with a couple of holy hand grenades just in case, and you will be fine. :) 

On 10/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, ingrobny said:

Oh god! I almost died again, no, not in real life trying to live like TLD, but in the TLD, this time i have survived for 30 days, have rabbit pelt mittens, deer skin boots and pants and wolfskin jacket, so i'm doing well, but... i made i camp fire and i think i started it on my toes, because when the fire was going i was burned badly and my life dropped to 5% , i couldn't even see the health bar, so i barely made it, the first time i froze to death and this time i almost burned to death, i wonder what's next :D.

Kinda happy to see I am not the only one to do that. I was doing fantastic up until I figured I could just walk over the fire I put between me and the outside.  That was the first time I started seeing the darkness but managed to come out of it...because of something I did to myself! There is something to that saying, 'Your greatest enemy is yourself.'

7 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I wonder if Devs have considered adding game mechanic for percentage chance of slicing hand while sharpening? :huntingknife::hatchet:O.o

Or worse still gun-cleaning mishaps!! :o  :D

No. As told above, there is already enough we can do to ourselves without some random chance event screwing over our game session.

8 hours ago, Samsonguy920 said:

No. As told above, there is already enough we can do to ourselves without some random chance event screwing over our game session.

Agreed.

However, that being said..

16 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Or worse still gun-cleaning mishaps!! :o  :D

As discussed in another thread, I think cleaning a loaded rifle should definitely lead to injury, or even death. Stupidity should be rewarded.

7 hours ago, JAFO said:

Agreed.

However, that being said..

As discussed in another thread, I think cleaning a loaded rifle should definitely lead to injury, or even death. Stupidity should be rewarded.

To be fair, I have no idea what the statistics are on 'cleaning' accidents in RL, but there is always a chance. In TLD I never unload the rifle before I clean it - I am an accident waiting happen! :D

Archived