Last mission episode 2 Renewed Hope

ingrobny

So i killed the old bear many days ago, but the aurora is not coming back like it was before this mission, i have watched some videos and outside here, it should be a man sitting but he is not here not in daytime or nighttime, so i'm pretty much stuck, i can't get into Jeremiah's hideout either because the aurora is gone and since this game have auto save i can't go back to a earlier save, so now i have no idea what to do.

59b81ee850bd3_TheLongDark_20170912193955.thumb.jpg.a6a238875841cd98d5996246ab8806e9.jpg59b81ef5eb314_TheLongDark_20170912194013.thumb.jpg.27fcde3e708446337ffab779bdfe802c.jpg

I'm on PS4 and i will update my post if the aurora and the man should turn up .

Edit.

So happy now :), i did some other side missions and was deer hunting  and suddenly the aurora was here, i did the Hank side mission and i was on the Forestry Lookout and i ran as fast as i could towards the dam and there the man was, we had a little talk and that was that, but i'm not stuck anymore, so everything is good, i'm not ready to leave episode 2 yet, but now i know i can later on :).

59b84839c1ba0_TheLongDark_20170912224423.thumb.jpg.43c26c548bf6bbce6fb43e895d61ea89.jpg

59b8488fbaeee_TheLongDark_20170912224435.thumb.jpg.8b2ac79d9aa2e4acd0cf3ffc54209797.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good for you!

I hung out in the firewatch Easter egg, eating my food and prepping my gear for entering the dam.  My bear pelt dried all the way to 93% when the Aurora finally hit. I decided to risk losing progress for the pelt, grabbed it and my flashlight and bee-lined for the end of the chapter.

I had to wait a bit too, but not too long. I had all other side missions and everything else done, with the exception of hank's so I did that, and Jeremiah's hideout. I absolutely insisted on doing the hideout first, so I did, and I waited around the radio tower for days until an aurora came. I then waited for a second one for the dam at the dam. For me, it was entirely worth it. I also had 2 ear wraps by the time I ended ep 2, and an epic ton of gear, which I did manage to bring most with me... lol

Regarding saves, I am unsure of how it is on PS4, but on PC you can manually save Wintermute in a save game. I personally had 2 save games and alternated which one I saved over at important spots, and then also used the quick save and quick load feature as well. On top of that, the game had 3 auto saves at any given time. So I literally had the option of 6 saves to load from. Which, in my eyes, is gold.

I did discover that you could manipulate the aurora appearance by saving early enough in the day, but late enough that you wouldn't have to wait long for it to "appear" since it first appears early enough that it's still light out when it comes. I didn't discover this until I was waiting at the dam, and the aurora first appeared naturally but I had just saved not long before and I wanted to maximize the time I had during the aurora so I reloaded to a few hours before it and did things different... then it didn't show up at all. So I reloaded again, and one more time after that, to make it appear.

I like that you can play that way during story mode and still get the unforgiving experience of survival mode separately. I really appreciate that the developers did it that way.

Archived