Faithful Cartographer Achievement seems glitched.

TROY

Thanks for your posts and sorry this achievement has been so frustrating! We certainly didn't expect there to be so many challenges with Faithful Cartographer and are still keeping an eye out for edge cases that might prevent players from completing it. In some cases there appear have been issues with save games that predated fixes to this achievements.

Unfortunately we don't have a way to inspect console saves, but if you play on computer and having trouble getting Faithful Cartographer to trigger, please email us at support(at)hinterlandgames(dot)com . We can take a look at your save file and check if anything is missing or is interfering with the achievement.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks for your posts and sorry this achievement has been so frustrating! We certainly didn't expect there to be so many challenges with Faithful Cartographer and are still keeping an eye out for edge cases that might prevent players from completing it. In some cases there appear have been issues with save games that predated fixes to this achievements.

Unfortunately we don't have a way to inspect console saves, but if you play on computer and having trouble getting Faithful Cartographer to trigger, please email us at support(at)hinterlandgames(dot)com . We can take a look at your save file and check if anything is missing or is interfering with the achievement.

I am on xbox one, unfortunately.  There seems to be so few on xbox who have gotten the achievement ( .01% according to xbox's achievement tracker).  Is there something that is preventing the vast majority of xbox players from getting it?  Is the xbox tracker statistic wrong and there are way more people who have gotten it?

I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough so that the pre-dated save game problem would be taken out of the equation, but I don't want to go through all the trouble of mapping everything again if it still isn't going to unlock due to some xbox issue.

That being said, is there any way for you guys to unlock the achievement for those of us who have put in the time and have proof (i.e. screenshots, etc) that we should've gotten it by now?  I'm not sure if that's possible, just throwing it out there.

On Xbox; Mountain town, the area west of the transition cave to Hushed River can also not be mapped no matter what angle you approuch it from, the map is too high up on the screen, you can't even reach the icons with your cursor.

~CGTv

Welp, never mind.  I went over all my maps again and noticed one of the 'Leave Coastal Highway' icons was missing, even though I did map it.  So I went back and mapped it again, and lo and behold, I got the achievement.  It feels anti-climatic almost, after all the time I put in.  Oh, well.

But yeah.. if any of you were having trouble with stuff not showing up, go back and try some of those areas later.  They may work.

And it is possible to get this achievement to work on xbox, yay!

Farewell, fellow arctic explorers

I might have found (one of) the issue(s) causing this;

I noticed that on my game on Xbox every ice cave i exit in Hushed River Valley, i do not immediatly discocer the location.
I have to walk ~30 meters then come back to the cave i just exit and it will say; new location discovered; 'Ice Cave'.
If i map it before i get the location it won't count towards the total amount of 'named locations' mapped because it didn't show up in locations discovered.

I just went and mapped them all AGAIN and i got an extra % discoverd, not nice at all because now i'm thinking, maybe it"s not just the ice caves but either way, the ice caves are (one of) the problem(s) .
Note: I made it sound easier than it is, it's very very difficult

~CGTv

Thanks for the updates, glad you were able to snag that achievement, @jkripper!

@nicko and @CGTv , thanks for posting about these issues with location triggers for these areas , we'll take a look at them.

At this point, we're going to close off this thread - both because as it's pretty old at this point and the original issues it was created for have been resolved,  and also because it's harder to properly track new, similar issues if they are all being posted to the same mega discussion.

That said, if you see any issues related to mapping or the Faithful Cartographer achievement, we want to hear about them! Just create a new discussion and we'll take a look. :)

This thread will remain visible if anyone needs to reference it for any reason. Thanks again everyone for your posts!

Archived