Faithful Cartographer Achievement seems glitched.

TROY

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the publication of the list of locations, interest in achievement is certainly weakened. However, the achievement does not work and the patch does not fix the bug. With the help of cheat engeni you can find not a fixed location but also the number of counters working for achievement. This publication should not be taken as advice or recommendation. We do not want to do someone's work. We want to play and gain achievements.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now completely mapped all areas, not just named ones.  My stats show 197 locations discovered; 100% world explored.  But I am still showing 0.00% of gamers on xbox have unlocked this achievement.  I'm gonna take a break from this game for now but hopefully this issue will be resolved with the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.01.2018 at 1:28 AM, Patrick Carlson said:

Nothing new to share on this achievement at the moment. The team continues to investigate issues that have been reported around it. 

And as a reminder @black72rat, please do not bump threads. Thank you. :coffee:

And as a reminder @Patrick Carlson, the game was released (on PS4) on August 8, and today is February 8 >:(, remind your team about it (maybe they forgot). Thank you :hatchet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Long Dark to v1.27 [34908]

*[Survival Mode] Fixed issues keeping Faithful Cartographer achievement from triggering.

*[Survival Mode] Fixed issue where the Stone Church icon was not displaying correctly after being mapped.

Still doesn't work for me. Tried mapping some of the locations that were missing an icon on the map (like Stone Church) and it's still broken for me. I guess i'll be waiting for someone to get it and make a detalied guide on how to, because i've wasted more than enough time on this one.

• 1 month later...

Hi @jkripper,

We're still investigating some intermittent issues with mapping certain locations that impact the Faithful Cartographer achievement. These issues seem to appear more prevalent on save files that have persisted through various version updates, which have made changes to the mapping feature. While we continue to investigate, we suggest trying to unlock the achievement on a session started from the current version of the game to ensure the save hasn't been impacted by data changes of previous versions. We appreciate your patience while we look into the issue further.

6 hours ago, jkripper said:

Thank you for the update; I may cry if I have to map everything again, however.

If you start a new game on the easiest difficulty it will take you max 15-20 hours to map everything. Keep in mind that you only need to have the location/icon showing on the map. Leave black spots in between those and map only what you have to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have finally finished mapping every square centimeter of every region, and I still do not have this achievement.  Xbox is showing that only .01% of gamers have unlocked the achievement, so it appears I'm not the only one still having problems.  But I guess it's up from .00%, so.. progress?  Any updates on when this will be resolved?

Archived