Faithful Cartographer Achievement seems glitched.

TROY

@Patrick Carlson, @Mel Guille, @cekivi, @Turbolovers, @ATHAPL I understand that I'm already tired of everyone, but I finally found important answers. before the patch 1.07 in the game there was a debugging manager (which is very cool). users could run it directly in the game by simultaneously pressing R3 and L3. Here's a video of the manager. if you look closely, then at 2 minutes 15 seconds in the debugging menu you will notice the item "unlock achievements", which was used by 3 users from North America and a certain number of Steam users.

if you think logically, then: either this achievement was initially impossible to unlock, or this possibility was broken when using the patch 1.07 deactivated the debugging menu.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Deadly fatigue" ... something familiar. But seriously, this  achievement has taken away a lot of time and nerves for the players. The developers did not react quickly to this. You could tell the players about it in the news. The program (the game) is not immune from errors. 
We are waiting for the patch.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, black72rat said:

@Patrick Carlson The problem of obtaining the achievement of the Faithful Cartographer was acknowledged. But the patch 1.19 did not fix the problem. I would like to know when this problem will be fixed definitively?

Just to double-check- have you performed one mapping action per region in your game to "update" the achievement post-patch? Are you certain you've mapped every location necessary?

2 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Just to double-check- have you performed one mapping action per region in your game to "update" the achievement post-patch? Are you certain you've mapped every location necessary?

@Patrick Carlson When you say mapping action per region you mean one action in Broken Rairoad, one in Milton, one in Forlon Muskeg, one in Mystery lake, one in Coastal Highway, one in Ravine, one in Crumbling Highway, one in Pleasant Valley, one in Winding River, one in Timberwolf Mountain and one in Desolation Point, or one map action in each of the Icons and Location Triggers?

I mapped all listed locations in your latest spoiler thread, plus some extras. Didn't recieve the achievement. The only thing that remained unmapped was "Icon - Stone Church".

12 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Yes, this is an issue we have a fix for in test right now - but it's a display problem. If you mapped it, it will count towards the achievement. 

I then went to proceed to do a single mapping in each region, because the game requires that apparently, everytime you patch, which is every other day atm... I was missing Forlon and Broken Railroad.

I got to Mountain Town (Milton). I entered from ML, and went down to the main plateau and wanted to shortcut down the mountain to the basin. Went down the first slope, crouching with 100% HP. Got to the little shelf on the picture, and started crouching forwards towards the big path down. A few seconds later @ the red circle I was dead from crouching over a flat passage. 100 condition to 0 from moving a few feet.

snap_2.thumb.PNG.8802fb8c63d92936cede939da957b8f7.PNG

Picture was taken on a pilgrim playthrough right after, with a sprain @ 95% ish condition. Did the exact same as before and died at the red spot.

GREAT fucking game you got here. Wasted so many hours trying to achieve this achievement (1.19-1.21 game). Wasted 100s of hours trying to achieve it in the past. This is by far the worst gaming experience I've ever had. Trying to go out of my way to achieve this and provide people with properly documented information.

Let this be a warning to anyone wanting to take a shortcut. Hinterland has on this mountain created? a deathtrap.

3 hours ago, Arzanot said:

Let this be a warning to anyone wanting to take a shortcut. Hinterland has on this mountain created? a deathtrap.

There are a few places like this on the Milton map. It would have helped if you'd posted a pic taken using F8.. that way there would have been coordinates embedded in the pic. (unless you're playing on a console, of course)

1 hour ago, jkripper said:

No one has gotten this achievement on xbox.  As far as I can tell, that's the case for PS4 as well.  So I'm assuming its still broken.

let's wait 1.21 (which will soon be released for consoles) and check.

p.s. 

on ps4 this achievement has at least 3 people (the American version of the game), but all of them are obtained with the help of a debugging menu (I already wrote about this).

13 minutes ago, black72rat said:

@Patrick Carlson I do not understand, Patrick, it's such a joke (Christmas) from the hinterland - to release updates that do not fix the problem of one achievement in the game?

There are no jokes when it comes to game updates -- I'll follow up with the Test Lead on this topic, and the video you posted of v1.21 in the other thread. I watched it. 

Just please be patient. If there is a different issue than the one we just fixed, we'll follow up on it. We're certainly aware of the interest in this achievement, and have been working to stabilize it for you and everyone else. 

Did a brand new playthrough (v 1.21). The Stone Church got mapped this time:

stone_church_mapped.png.7f2d279a3742b6e9bf6c406986c9ccc9.png

I however, didn't receive the achievement. Got everything on the list mapped plus Chasm & Waterfall Cave in TWM. Don't really know how to proceed.

Just doublechecked again, and I can see all locations from the zoomed out map. What do?

Hinterland has obviously branded us naughty kids this year, so they withdrew their achievement present in the end :) 
Hopefully the final patch fix, is actually retroactive and doesn't require a mapping per region to initilialize. People deserve to login and simply receive the achievement.

The study of the new area did not change the statistics. It remained the same -86%. There are 49 icons and 106 titles on the maps. If it is exact - 48 icons: the stone church does not wish to be displayed on the old profile. There is no achievement. This icon is easy to apply to a new profile, but I'm not going to storm this achievement 29 times in a row. This character is not worthy of such achievement: he sleeps too much and eats. In addition, he does not want to work and survive.:hatchet:

Archived