Faithful Cartographer Achievement seems glitched.

TROY

14 hours ago, TROY said:

I used a function in a mod that un blacks the entire region you are in, and there were several things that were on the map that didn't show up when I mapped manually, even standing directly in front of them.  In my opinion, this doesn't change the fact that it's broken.

Heck, if anything, this PROVES it's broken.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely this achievement is broken. On the player's stream (birthhcontroll) I noticed that his world was investigated 100% (on two difficulty levels). I asked him: did he achieve the "Faithful Cartographer" achievement? He replied: no, I think that this achievement is broken and not yet available. He also doubted the accuracy of counting locations on the difficulty level of interloper (239 locations).

Here's the video, at 1 hour 29 min 50 sec, statistics are visible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, thanks for your posts. As you are probably aware, since launch we did have a number issues relating to the completion of certain Achievements. We've released a number of fixes and since then, and verified that the Faithful Cartographer achievement has been unlocked by both players and testers on our team.

That said, we know some players are continuing to have difficulty and are looking into it further. It's possible that in saves which predate these fixes, some progress made towards these Achievements isn't registering. Thanks for all your patience while we investigate!

5 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

We've released a number of fixes and since then, and verified that the Faithful Cartographer achievement has been unlocked by both players and testers on our team.

Hi Mel Guille, in which patch (version) was this achievement unlocked? Perhaps I missed something, but I do not remember in any anotation to the patches mentioning this correction.

5 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

we know some players are continuing to have difficulty

"some players"? Are you serious? Mel Guille, show me at least one player who would receive this achievement. For today, there is not a single player, at least on x-box one and ps4.

Let's clarify:

1. Which patch has unblocked this achievement?

2. Is this achievement unlocked and tested on all platforms (pc, x-box one and ps4)?

6 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

It's possible that in saves which predate these fixes, some progress made towards these Achievements isn't registering.

3. It's possible or exactly? That is, to get this achievement, should I delete the old saves, start a new game and recreate the map? I understand you correctly?

Hi @black72rat . We have tested this achievement on all platforms and yes, people are completing it, however its a very small number. Again, it's something we're looking into, but until we learn more I don't have any other details. However I will post again when we have more information.

Thank you everyone for your reports about this issue!

47 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi @black72rat . We have tested this achievement on all platforms and yes, people are completing it, however its a very small number. Again, it's something we're looking into, but until we learn more I don't have any other details. However I will post again when we have more information.

I repeat, on consoles this achievement was not received. On the PC 0.1% of Steam, but I doubt that this achievement can be obtained without the use of some mod game.
In any case, thank you for your attention, we will await your clarification on this matter.

Привет.  Вчера начал новую игру в режиме выживания на локации  Отрадная долина.    Отметил  15 локаций.  Больше  отметить нет возможности.  Не  отмечает.  Краска закончилась?   С чем  связан лимит?   Достижение  требует  точности.     Можно  отметить  локацию  только  одним  значком.   В  этом случае  " краски"   хватит на все  локации.     Но не  будет  точности

On 27/10/2017 at 8:45 AM, Mel Guille said:

However I will post again when we have more information.

Mel, Hinterland team, my suggestion here would be to provide players with something that allows us to track the number of unmapped areas per map. So we could see that Mystery Lake is 15/15 but Coastal Highway is at 13/15. Then we can both see where we're falling short, and narrow down the issue for you.

Just add a screen in the in-game menu, or add a */x overlay on the map screen. Anything. Figuring out where we're going wrong shouldn't be this baffling!

10 hours ago, Bombos said:

Mel, Hinterland team, my suggestion here would be to provide players with something that allows us to track the number of unmapped areas per map. So we could see that Mystery Lake is 15/15 but Coastal Highway is at 13/15. Then we can both see where we're falling short, and narrow down the issue for you.

Just add a screen in the in-game menu, or add a */x overlay on the map screen. Anything. Figuring out where we're going wrong shouldn't be this baffling!

I support this proposal. It is very difficult to look for a black cat in a dark room, especially when it is not there.

Hello, i have been playing on PS4 and mapped everything i know. There are places which doesn't show on the map, like some cabins in CH, some fishing huts and there are the Railbridge and Lookout that do not show the names on the map as well. I have 177 places discovered and 86% of the map. I wonder if the region in the Broken railroad with a locked gate count for this achievement, i'm too frustrated with this achievement.

On 27.10.2017 at 10:45 PM, Mel Guille said:

Hi @black72rat . We have tested this achievement on all platforms and yes, people are completing it, however its a very small number.

Hi Mel, I found this "a very small number" "people are completing it". As I assumed they turned out to be dishonest players (cheaters). How did I get such conclusions? Everything is very simple. Here is the psn of one cheater (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6432-the-long-dark/BerryBarry94?order=date). Look attentively at the time of obtaining achievements. The first achievement he received 8th Aug 2017 1:44:50 PM (most likely this is the only achievement that he received honestly), all the other achievements he received in 9 minutes!!! Look at this speed runner! :) 
But here is our second person from "a very small number" - psn (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6432-the-long-dark/Konshentz?order=date) :) This player plays fairly from 1 to 8 August. And then within 9 minutes on August 9 gets 32 achievements!!! :) 

Mel, the most offensive is that you are deceiving us - honest players, informing us that the achievement of "Faithful Cartographer" is unlocked and "a very small number" "people are completing it" :( 

P.S. My psn

@black72rat While we understand your obvious interest in this topic, please don't make suggestions that we are deceiving you or anyone else. That's very unfriendly and doesn't help the discussion. We are sharing the latest information with you with regard to this achievement. And as Mel already pointed out, we're looking into any potential issues that may or may not be related to unlocking it. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

@black72rat While we understand your obvious interest in this topic, please don't make suggestions that we are deceiving you or anyone else. That's very unfriendly and doesn't help the discussion. We are sharing the latest information with you with regard to this achievement. And as Mel already pointed out, we're looking into any potential issues that may or may not be related to unlocking it. Thank you. 

Патрик, я привык называть вещи своими именами. Да, вы правы, Мел, сказав нам, что достижение "Faithful Cartographer" разблокировано не обманывала нас. Однако, если бы Вы действительно изучали любые потенциальные проблемы связанные с разблокировкой этого достижения, то наверняка заметили бы, что данное достижение можно разблокировать только нечестным путем (о чем я сообщал в предыдущем сообщении). В данном контексте сообщение Мел выглядит как обман.

Я понимаю Ваш очевидный интерес к созданию на форуме дружественной обстановки. Однако хочу заметить, что дружба, доверие и уважение – это, образно говоря, дороги с двухсторонним движением.

P.S.

Here's another speed runner and unlock for 9 minutes

I want to note that all three dishonest players use the North American version of the game

1 hour ago, cekivi said:

Achievements can always be unlocked in bulk when they are added by a new update or going online after playing offline. I've had this happen for some of my Steam games. 

Additionally, welcome to the forums @Turbolovers, @ATHAPL, @black72rat, and @Bombos ^_^

You are not right. The PSN system monitors the time it takes to get achievements regardless of whether you are online or offline. You can be offline for a very long time, but when you go online, the system synchronizes the achievements (the date and time of obtaining the achievements remains unchanged - you can check it). On a one-time receipt of all or a large number of achievements, you can identify dishonest players. An exception to the rules is cross-platform games (in some games you can get ps4 achievements at a time using your PERSONAL saves with ps3, there are very few such games).

In this case, players used (most likely) to hacking the bin save files.

Thanks for the invitation. But the topic is exhausted. An error was found and sent. There are many reports of non-performing achievements. Probably it will be fixed in the nearest patch. Perhaps the achievement was working, but it was downed the first patch. Probably it is better to have patience.

1 hour ago, Turbolovers said:

Thanks for the invitation. But the topic is exhausted. An error was found and sent. There are many reports of non-performing achievements. Probably it will be fixed in the nearest patch. Perhaps the achievement was working, but it was downed the first patch. Probably it is better to have patience.

If you are seeing issues with other achievements, by all means report them in our bug database if you haven't already - https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

If you are seeing issues with other achievements, by all means report them in our bug database if you haven't already - https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

Thank you!

off topic

Hi Patrick. I have issued an bag report TLDP-4013 and TLDP-4035 , but neither in 1.14 nor in 1.15 the problem has not been completely corrected. I specifically noted: "And vice versa - if you talk with Jeremy about the cache (without reading the note on the dam), then Alan's cache is not marked on the map (under any circumstances)." 

Here's a video (version of the game 1.15 - at the end of the clip).

P.S.

No offense Patrick, but it seems these reports no one reads. Maybe I'm wrong

1 minute ago, black72rat said:

off topic

Hi Patrick. I have issued an bag report TLDP-4013 and TLDP-4035 , but neither in 1.14 nor in 1.15 the problem has not been completely corrected. I specifically noted: "And vice versa - if you talk with Jeremy about the cache (without reading the note on the dam), then Alan's cache is not marked on the map (under any circumstances)." 

Here's a video (version of the game 1.15 - at the end of the clip).

P.S.

No offense Patrick, but it seems these reports no one reads. Maybe I'm wrong

Just for some clarity - the tech team consolidates and compiles the public reports for investigation and priority. I can assure you - the reports are being read.

If you need more direct support, please email the support team at support@hinterlandgames.com

1 minute ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Just for some clarity - the tech team consolidates and compiles the public reports for investigation and priority. I can assure you - the reports are being read.

If you need more direct support, please email the support team at support@hinterlandgames.com

if it is difficult for you to do it, then, apparently, I will have to do it myself. it's my game and my problems, right?

Archived