Mystery Lake Bunkers

Marmo

Are the bunkers still part of the latest update at ML as can't seem to find them? The bunker location near Hunter's Blind/Unnamed Pond is a complete mystery to me despite following youtube videos, i can't seem to find the large snowdrifts that are mentioned. Any help?

Taking into consideration the Cartographer update (couldnt play much past that, my PC died few days after Wintermute launched), I can quarantee for Cartographer that the bunkers still appear in the game. The one behind Unnamed pond is one of the easiest to be found, actually - if you are coming from the Trappers side, and you go around the border rocks, you shouldnt have a problem finding it, it is hidden on hill from the Trappers side, talking about the cliff that stands over the Unnamed pond. It is easier to spot when going up the hill then going down, at least for me. It should be somewhere on the brink of that cliff.

I havent seen the behind Trappers location spawn for at least a year, so I cant quarantee it still spawns there. 

I do know that there is a bunker somewhere high up in the mountains above the Clearcut, seen it once there not that long ago.

Most of the time I come across a Preppers cache in a relatively new location - right above one of the new rope-climbing locations in ML. Talking about the one closer to the Lake village, not the one close to river. If you climb that particular rope and hug the rock to your right, you will definitedly come across that bunker location if it spawned there. 

I just checked Whiteberry_toardas map on Mystery Lake, that bunker behind Trappers is gone, as I thought - and the rest of them seem to be pretty precise locations. The only one a bit different is the Medical one, but if you search that area a bit, you will likely find it. Its the one that is right above the new climbing location, just climb the rope and you will stumble upon it.

2 minutes ago, Hackfleisch said:

But how rare are they?  In all my playtime I only ever found 2. Maybe I just really suck at spotting them, but those bunker doors aren't that hard to miss.

They intentionally look a lot like rocks, they are not that easy to find. Takes a trained eye to distinguish them. I used to never be able to find them, only recently I have gotten better at it. Also, I dont think I have in all my years found PV bunker once. Only the abbandoned one which is always there.

Due to terrain changes, the bunker site near the Camp Office has moved several metres from where Whiteberry's map shows it.. but by and large, all the potential spawn locations are in the same places they've been since at least v.365, when I began playing.

As mentioned above, only one spawns in ML, and one in PV, for each game you start. And there are 9 possible spawn locations in ML, and 9 in PV. There's also one fixed location bunker in PV, which never changes, and will always be there. Unless you're playing Interloper, in which case there will be no bunkers except for the fixed location PV one.

Archived