Commonly Used Abbreviations Please?

CitrinePeridot

7 hours ago, Carbon said:

I work in pinches, dashes and splashes. Carbonic System. :P

Funnily enough I've often used your system while cooking. And, oddly, occasionally in research chemistry. Sometimes you just need a splash of methanol to get that last stubborn bit of product to dissolve. 

That works for volume, but not weight.  I need to know what 1 cup of flour weighs, 1tsp baking soda,, 1Tbsp salt, etc.  

Yep, this is the rub.  I converted the volumes to weight --google is fast for this-- and recorded in a nice recipe app.  Now I have a tablet that lives in the kitchen next to the scale with the same app, which automatically syncs the recipes.  (I have the app on my phone too.)  It's a little work to set up but it's so fast when time really matters to me.  

2 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

Yep, this is the rub.  I converted the volumes to weight --google is fast for this-- and recorded in a nice recipe app.  Now I have a tablet that lives in the kitchen next to the scale with the same app, which automatically syncs the recipes.  (I have the app on my phone too.)  It's a little work to set up but it's so fast when time really matters to me.  

I need to do that.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 4:04 AM, Carbon said:

Anyone seen the latest "American English" translation on Steam?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119985654&searchtext=

And this is why I'm embarrassed to be an American sometimes. I also use metric in game, it's easier to make sense of as a stat/fractional value, it's much more visually pleasing to see the clean fractions of the metric system.

Also you can tell they made game in metrics and did the conversions for imperial.

19 minutes ago, codfish107 said:

And this is why I'm embarrassed to be an American sometimes.

Heck, you should see the Australian one. It gave me a good laugh, but I had to uninstall it after a bit.. the cringe-factor was just too high.

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Heck, you should see the Australian one. It gave me a good laugh, but I had to uninstall it after a bit.. the cringe-factor was just too high.

Yeah i personally don't see the point of mods like both of those, the Canadian English (presumably) it was made in is fine with me.

6 hours ago, codfish107 said:

When does a thread become "old"?

I didn't even noticed, sorry :/ 

It doesn't really matter, IMO. People & forums that get their underwear in a twist about necro-ing old threads need to focus on what's actually important.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎16 at 6:35 AM, JAFO said:

It doesn't really matter, IMO. People & forums that get their underwear in a twist about necro-ing old threads need to focus on what's actually important.

The really, really old threads that contain a lot of interesting content usually get locked and/or archived by the mods. ;) 

Archived