Dev Diary - September 2017

Admin

4 hours ago, ingrobny said:

But the thing is that i'm playing on PS4 and have never had problems like this, so maybe something went wrong when installing? The only problem i have is that the game often crash when i enter or exit a building.

First of, been a PC player all my life, nothing is going to change that. I've re-installed the game couple of times now. I understand, HT is probably having shit tons of problems with TLD.. Ive scrolled through their public bug list.. good god.. Ever since 1.15 hotfix game out, i cant play it.. i was fine when there was this, mouse UI problem, the moment that got fixed, poof no more TLD for me.. If it only be in story mode, i would be fine with it. But its in both, story and sandbox. I mean cmon, this makes the game unplayable for me.. 

On 10/1/2017 at 2:50 AM, Vermit said:

So hey, its October now.. Soo are the proper devs back to actually fix the bugs, so i could play a game, that i havent been able to play for a month, cause of the bugs? 

Hard work and everything, but the game was way better in EA.. 

Hey @Vermit - For now I'd suggest contacting support@hinterlandgames.com directly and we will follow up with you as soon as we can.  

• Upvote 1

Not sure why folks are having problems (bugs).  I've played over 1400 hours in Survival Mode and have completed Wintermute as far as it's been released, and not experienced ANY problems that stopped my play.  Minor imperfections like tree limbs I couldn't cut, invisible barriers etc. did not diminish the extraordinary and excellent experience.  One of the best games I have ever played and the developers should be both commended and awarded.  AWESOME!!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mocha said:

Minor imperfections like tree limbs I couldn't cut

Same here, but it usally fix itself when i enter a building and exit again.

8 hours ago, Mocha said:

One of the best games I have ever played and the developers should be both commended and awarded.  AWESOME!!

Agree :).

Mad props to Hinterland studios, The Long Dark is one of my most played and enjoyed games. You guys did great, havn't seen any AAA game studios produce anything like this ever. You guys kick A%%, looking forward to whats to come!

Edited by Pandemic
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pandemic said:

Mad props to Hinterland studios, The Long Dark is one of my most played and enjoyed games. You guys did great, havn't seen any AAA game studios produce anything like this ever.

I couldn't agree more :), keep up the good work Hinterland, i can't stop playing this game, it has everything i like, crafting, hunting, exploring and more, started survival mode while i'm waiting for episode 3 and survival mode is really fun, i will stay in Mystery River because i will save the other locations for story mode first, i simply love this game :).