I drew ML from memory

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. As he mentioned, it gets the general idea across to those that are new as to whereabouts things are without "holding our hand" at the same time. I actually believe I appreciate ones like this better than the ones that try to get it down to longitude and latitude. You know? Leave me a little exploring and work to be done. Thank you for sharing that.

37 minutes ago, CitrinePeridot said:

I like it. As he mentioned, it gets the general idea across to those that are new as to whereabouts things are without "holding our hand" at the same time. I actually believe I appreciate ones like this better than the ones that try to get it down to longitude and latitude. You know? Leave me a little exploring and work to be done. Thank you for sharing that.

There's actually a few mistakes, like "somebodies silent clearing, i forgot" is Dave's Quiet Clearing, and should be a bit south of the Camp Office. So I was way off there. The Logging Camp trailers should be closer to the Lookout. Clearcut is a little further south, I think. The lil destroyed house is the Deadfall Area, which is slightly off position and I believe should be further south a bit. But despite these mistakes, it's still fairly accurate and was a fun way to test my knowledge. :) 

Well, again, I appreciate being given the opportunity to have a general idea only. One of the aspects I enjoy about this game is all the unknowns and the need to explore to discover them. In the version I was playing, I was not aware until I had already fully explored the two locations that there were even maps available to reference. I enjoyed that experience. Did I die in the process of my explorations? Oh yeah. That I did, but it's one of the things that make this a very real experience. 

• 2 months later...

Archived