CitrinePeridot

Game Patches on Steam

3 posts in this topic

I trust I have chosen the correct location for this topic. I apologize if this sounds naïve, but I wish to know if game patches occur automatically with Steam. Or, do I need to do something within my Steam account each time one comes out? I just (as of today) installed Steam, and I just purchased The Long Dark. Were all current patches included in that download? Thank you for your time.

3 minutes ago, CitrinePeridot said:

I trust I have chosen the correct location for this topic. I apologize if this sounds naïve, but I wish to know if game patches occur automatically with Steam. Or, do I need to do something within my Steam account each time one comes out? I just (as of today) installed Steam, and I just purchased The Long Dark. Were all current patches included in that download? Thank you for your time.

Hello @CitrinePeridot and welcome! If you just installed Steam and downloaded the game, you should be fully up-to-date with the latest version - v1.12. You'll see this number in the upper-lefthand corner of the main menu screen in The Long Dark. 

In terms of your specific download settings, you can go in the Steam client to Settings>Downloads to see what your specific settings are and adjust accordingly to your liking. It will typically auto-update, unless otherwise directed in that menu. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!