Great Bear Island Record - Fishing Challenge.

Vinceofpyrenees

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Simone Else said:

I've caught smallmouth bass over 13 pound alot of times.  I'll start saving pictures.

Yes! Please do! The competition shouldn't be restricted to Salmon at all! (Well, it's not my idea, so who am I to say?)  I actually got the achievement for the 5k fish with a smallie, caught on crystal Lake.

34 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Maine Guide? What's that all about :) 

From wikipedia:

Maine Guides are licensed and registered with the State of Maine.[2][3][4][5] accompanying or assisting any person in the fields, forests, or on the waters or ice within the jurisdiction of the State while white water rafting, hunting, fishing, trapping, boating, snowmobiling or camping at a primitive camping area.

The process of obtaining a license as a Registered Maine Guide is one of the most difficult in the country due to the need to specifically know and prove woods knowledge, which is why Maine Guides are held in such high regards over other states.

-anyone can technically DO this, but being licensed as a Registered Maine Guide is required for being PAID to do it.  I have not renewed my license in a number of years, and as such, cannot legally claim the title anymore, but I was one of the youngest people (at the time) to pass the modern full testing battery to be licensed. (In the beginning, and for a long time, all you had to do was go talk to the local game warden, and if he was satisfied that you were reasonably honest and wouldnt get folks lost or injured, you were official.  I consider it my qualification for spouting all the survival and outdoors knowledge that I post here. :) 

56 minutes ago, TROY said:

From wikipedia:

Maine Guides are licensed and registered with the State of Maine.[2][3][4][5] accompanying or assisting any person in the fields, forests, or on the waters or ice within the jurisdiction of the State while white water rafting, hunting, fishing, trapping, boating, snowmobiling or camping at a primitive camping area.

The process of obtaining a license as a Registered Maine Guide is one of the most difficult in the country due to the need to specifically know and prove woods knowledge, which is why Maine Guides are held in such high regards over other states.

-anyone can technically DO this, but being licensed as a Registered Maine Guide is required for being PAID to do it.  I have not renewed my license in a number of years, and as such, cannot legally claim the title anymore, but I was one of the youngest people (at the time) to pass the modern full testing battery to be licensed. (In the beginning, and for a long time, all you had to do was go talk to the local game warden, and if he was satisfied that you were reasonably honest and wouldnt get folks lost or injured, you were official.  I consider it my qualification for spouting all the survival and outdoors knowledge that I post here. :) 

Wow, pretty neat! Sounds cool lol

16 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Is it just the biggest fish, or can the challenge be the biggest fish of every type? I just caught a good sized smallmouth bass, but he does not beat the current record over the coho salmon.

It was the biggest fish. But nice catch ! It's a big one for a smallmouth bass. And show us if you discover a bigger one !

Archived