Hello

jhindsight

Hi everyone. Been waiting for this game to come to PS4. Purchsed it yesterday and had lots of fun wandering around and dying before i started to get the hang of it.

One question, i've been playing in survival mode up to now. Would you reccomend staying in survival mode until i've got the hang of the mechanics or am i ok to jump into the story mode?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums, @jhindsight

Usually Hinterland suggests starting with the Story as it's tuned to be a little more friendly to new players and contains tutorial information, however some players prefer just being dropped right into the thick of things. Either way, you should be fine to jump into Wintermute any time you feel like. Let us know what you think of it! :coffee:

15 hours ago, jhindsight said:

One question, i've been playing in survival mode up to now. Would you reccomend staying in survival mode until i've got the hang of the mechanics or am i ok to jump into the story mode?

Let's just say that, whether you start in Story Mode, or in Survival Mode, in either mode you will acquire some habits that don't translate well to the other mode. This doesn't mean they conflict with each other... just that they involve different playstyles and require a different focus to do well at.

The Story starts with like a 4-5 day forced tutorial of sorts which teaches you basic things like bandaging yourself when bleeding, making fires, making water, harvesting and cooking meat, etc. That can be pretty helpful if you have NO idea whatsoever on how to play the game.

If you survived 4 days in the Sandbox one would assume you picked most of those things up already....lol....

Archived