Walking Asleep???

Hollowpoint245

3 minutes ago, Hollowpoint245 said:

I'm currently trying to complete the White Out challenge and have been running on minimal snacks, etc for a few days in order to build my supply. I'll go eat something and see if that changes anything.

Tried that, plus I slept - no change. I'm encumbered too, I'll see if that's what's causing the problem.

Malnutrition: Rest "eyeball" develops a negative sign and no longer fills all the way (the top portion being greyed out similar to the way the stamina ring gets a red area that cannot be used.  Brought on by not consuming calories for 24 hours.  Cure by consuming calories such that one's Food "stomach" remains fuller than zero for a period of time roughly proportional to 1/4 the time spent without calories.  This affliction does not show on the affliction page.

7 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

Not consuning calories for 24 hours? That's a suicide.

24 hours with an empty "stomach" is just 24 points of Condition lost.  Not that a big deal.  I usually see it while crafting.

Honestly, I think Malnutrition is a half-finished affliction that just slipped into a pre-release version without ever being vetted.  It never appeared in change notes.  It hasn't been included in the afflictions display.  Most attempts to get the company to comment on it are met with an "I'll ask" and never get updated.  I think someone had an idea of what they thought would be interesting and wrote a bit of it in on the side then accidentally sent in that update file for review.  And no one caught it cuz it wasn't supposed to be there.  And not eating for 24 hours is not something many players often do let alone whatever playtesters they found at the time.  But its in there.  Just another "hinterland development" it seems.

19 hours ago, StrayCat said:

Anyway, that's a great idea, thumbs up for the one who thought of this. Should be officialized, though. I am in favor of more penalties when the condition drops (or when the condition system is abused).

Absolutely. I'd love to see this developed further, to put a spin on the game mechanic that currently allows player to remain in full health with an evening snack. As it is, hunger is largely inconsequential even on interloper and it shouldn't be.

On 8/28/2017 at 11:53 PM, selfless said:

Malnutrition: Rest "eyeball" develops a negative sign and no longer fills all the way (the top portion being greyed out similar to the way the stamina ring gets a red area that cannot be used.  Brought on by not consuming calories for 24 hours.  Cure by consuming calories such that one's Food "stomach" remains fuller than zero for a period of time roughly proportional to 1/4 the time spent without calories.  This affliction does not show on the affliction page.

Thank you, Selfless! I really wish that actually were on the affliction page. How obnoxious to have one and not have it explained anywhere in the game. I get the dev's desire for a minimal HUD and everything, but this is ridiculous... Do they really expect someone to figure this out from a red minus and an upside-down fatigue meter? :/

Archived