Someone PLEASE HELP WITH HATCH!!!!!

Kmccaskell88

Ok so here’s the situation...... I’m in the middle of playing Wintermute & Walking Around everywhere pretty much just exploring & waiting for an Aurora to happen so I can go get Power to the elevators in the Carter Hydro Dam. Anywho I’ve never been to the ShortWave Tower in Forlorn Muskeg. So I said that’s a good idea, I’ll go there! As I’m at the base of the mountain the tower is on, I wake up with about 2hrs of night left & OF COURSE there was an Aurora. But daylight comes & I leave the tower & have to walk behind it a few steps out of the way to go around this BUTTHOLE of a Wolf & I stumble across a LOCKED HATCH! I’ve never seen 1 like this in the game before!(I’m playing on PS4 by the way) I remember a few years back on PC & a Hatch or Underground bunker type thing like this would randomly spawn and it had a CRAP TON of REALLY GOOD SUPPLIES in it. Has anyone else come across this hatch yet? If so, how did you go about getting inside the thing? I have a Pry-bar, Lock Cutters, Hatcher, Heavy Hammer, Ect...... Pretty much ANY & EVERYTHING I thought I could use to open the hatch & it’s not even budging WHATSOEVER!!! If anyone has come across this and got inside PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME! I’m scared to leave because I don’t know if it’ll be like the 1 that was in Mystery Lake when the game was new on PC & I leave & Come Back & it has RESPAWNED to a NEW LOCATION. Any details about this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks in advance!!!

1686DCF2-9451-41F5-B461-EB5E061BC631.jpeg

80063B3A-2060-43A2-93C6-7B52866F85D1.jpeg

This hatch is part of a quest. For one it can only be opened (and left :wolf:) during an Aurora and I think you have also to be in the quest to be able to open it.

See here for how to get the quest:

You have to max trust with Jeremiah, then he will give you a quest to burn his letters - which are in that hatch

The hatch (Jeremiah's Hidden Bunker) does indeed only open during the Aurora. There is a surprise security measure installed once you go in, which I won't spoil for you. ;)

There are quite a few good supplies in there, but the point of going in is to complete Jeremiah's max trust quest, as @ChillPlayer mentioned. Don't forget to grab his letters, then go out and start a fire and put them in there.

Also, keep in mind that the hatch locks during daylight and nights that there's no Aurora. You cannot enter nor leave the bunker without the Aurora going on.

I have this quest and have been trying to complete is for ages,

Camped outside the hatch for about 7-8 days and nothing,

Decided to go and complete bear hunt and come back to it,

Have now been camped outside the hatch now for about 6-7 days – still no Aurora,

I do not know if you need to do something specific to trigger one or if it is totally random,

But if it is random then surely there should be a max time limit you have to wait

50 minutes ago, Mugger said:

I have this quest and have been trying to complete is for ages,

Camped outside the hatch for about 7-8 days and nothing,

Decided to go and complete bear hunt and come back to it,

Have now been camped outside the hatch now for about 6-7 days – still no Aurora,

I do not know if you need to do something specific to trigger one or if it is totally random,

But if it is random then surely there should be a max time limit you have to wait

How are you going about getting an Aurora to appear? Are you getting up at night and then just waiting for it? In my experience this doesn't work. You need to keep sleeping for an hour at a time and waking up and it may appear....

Also, you seem to have better odds of getting an Aurora if you are indoors. I believe the hatch is in Northern Forlorn Muskeg right?

I'd try sleeping in the waterfall cave over by the radio tower. Get up at night, go outside and see if there is an Aurora. If there isn't go back in the cave and sleep for an hour, then go out and check again....and so on.

Archived