Typos in The Long Dark (possible SPOILERS)

WanderingPalm

Rather than post a bug report for every instance of typo I find and likely repeating ones already reported, I thought it would be more helpful to start a thread listing or showing each typo. It probably goes without saying, but the following images and/or quotes may include spoilers from the story mode.

I do ask that anyone posting a typo they found clarifies the following: the item or place where the typo can be found, a picture or quoted excerpt showing the typo, what should have been written, the language it is in, the game mode you found it in, and the platform and version number.

Hopefully, we can get all the typos listed in this one thread for the devs!

MILD STORY MODE SPOILERS BELOW!

All of the following typos were found in Wintermute Episode 1, on PS4 version 1.11 (still present when the save was loaded after installing 1.12). This is all in English, obviously.

IMG_0134.thumb.JPG.582298ef51b46e5c479e3c0a09533414.JPG

This is in your knowledge tab of your inventory under Locations, after getting Grey Mother to tell you about Milton. The error is in the sentence starting "It's location about halfway between Port Mary...". It should read "Its location..." since it is not a contraction.

IMG_0136.thumb.JPG.8690754fca32c7e78f4c36e306d3035f.JPG

This is the Utilities Bill found in the Barker Farm (I think on the fridge?), also viewable in your collection of Notes in your inventory. The error is in the first sentence. It should read "Your account with Mainland..."

IMG_0137.thumb.JPG.dcdfb02a965afaecc0d425dedbac79ff.JPG

This is the description given of the Mountaineering Boots when viewed in your inventory. It should read "...for earning her Trust."

Still found on PS4, version 1.12 in English. Two more errors found in Wintermute, Episode 1:

IMG_0135.thumb.JPG.3b376cefa4da32e995060f6bbc202b39.JPG

This is a note you find under your notes-- the question mark, then Actions, then the article on Crows. It states "...might suggest an animal carcass ... might be nearby!" This should read as either "...might suggest an animal carcass ... is nearby!" Or "...suggests an animal carcass ... might be nearby!"

IMG_0138.thumb.JPG.783f36eb1d135c6615d0bf51fb7311f9.JPG

This is on the notice board at Milton Park. It says, "...the safety of several some common routes and climbing sections into question." Depending on the intended meaning, this should be something like, "...the safety of several common routes and climbing sections into question." Or, "...the safety of some common routes and several climbing sections into question."

• 4 months later...

Archived