TLD "CRIBS"

Frosty

Do you have a base or camp location you'd like to share with pics or video? 

Are you an OCD Decorator and think you're the only one and want to share your interior and exterior designs? 

Did you nail placing that Rifle perfectly on the Gunrack or want to show off your new bear skin rug?

Post it all here, I am one of the Survivors on this forum who would very much like to see them :)

Here's my new CH spot, situated right between Region transition zones to Ravine and Mine. It has rabbit and deer all plant types and great natural shelter from the wind for outdoor fires 

599f307d3232d_TheLongDark_20170823150003.thumb.jpg.cf204c70853da23dff1a7c9f7e510edf.jpg

599f30ad7ebf5_TheLongDark_20170824144112.thumb.jpg.c39220a70a20de2f83fbe9fba515e65b.jpg599f30e92b125_TheLongDark_20170824144144.thumb.jpg.cb2d529183bba9c78a554084d6b7da30.jpg

Here is my hearth for outdoor fires, blocks all wind except what comes from the south if its bad enough

59a048e3b8f75_TheLongDark_20170824235035.thumb.jpg.4ef0a8b74ae6f2d711c94415dc57d214.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Very nice set up! I had something similar going on at Mountaineer's Hut, but I unfortunately don't have a pic of it at this time.

It's cozy and close to the mine for workbench and travel to PV which I will be doing very soon. Didn't really want to lug everything from Jackrabbit to PV if I wanted in the future. 

Well if you ever get another setup you'd like to share I would like to see it ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 2:59 PM, alone sniper said:

Thanks for creating this topic @Frosty !
So, here is my camp at loooong time ago. I probably will capture some good shot. 

:DI love that pic "Out of clutter find simplicity" as the wise men say;)

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Mroz4k said:

I once totally decked out the Farmstead, but now I have nothing as that "run" was wiped with my laptop being destroyed (at least I believe so).

Well I hope to see something in the future then:)

Regarding the topic, I am aware that there are limited locations and they're not going to be unique to the individual, but it's how the player makes it their own with item placement that I find interesting.

And the odd locations someone may use over obvious ones that you wouldn't think to utilize. A lot of creativity can be found so I hope other players like yourselves share their OCD lifestyles or their bare minimum efficient setups for example:peaches:

12 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

I once totally decked out the Farmstead, but now I have nothing as that "run" was wiped with my laptop being destroyed (at least I believe so).

Hopefully it should still be backed up in your Steam Cloud online storage.

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

Hopefully it should still be backed up in your Steam Cloud online storage.

Dont think I set that up, but I will be pulling out my HDD from laptop and use it for my new PC, to save up money. Still, remembered that this was a game before wipe, so that one is gone regardless : /
Maybe I might have some clips or screenshots on my old HDD from it, though. I hope at least. I totally turned that "office" in farmstead into a gunshop, had like a hundred of rounds and six rifles in there.

10 minutes ago, Rusty_Old_F250 said:

Here's two I could find real quick, I never took a good shot of the inside of the fishing shack, but that place was decked out!

Nice:coffee: 

I realized recently that stocking a fishing shack up as an outpost is very convenient and use it in PV a lot now along with the Forest Cave nearby:)

16 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Currently on Interloper day 93, surviving in the Mystery Lake Camp Office.  I just spent a night boiling water, and I've been saving stacks of papers to make a floor mat in what I'm calling my mud room.

screen_ef53f217-2874-4028-8d6a-d74c6193e49b_hi.thumb.png.a4b62e061577a69172cb7c5542c7bcc0.png

Wow are those stacked newspapers? That's impressive :o You certainly will not go thirsty for awhile :coffee:

Hey hey look my base at the underground of farmhouse at pleasant valley day 214 i put my tool and other stuff like taht on the gground i have my clothes collection my AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! food storing system and SOME... pelts and hides.

20170922200344_1.jpg

20170922200420_1.jpg

20170922200434_1.jpg

20170922200458_1.jpg

20170922200447_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Wow are those stacked newspapers? That's impressive :o You certainly will not go thirsty for awhile :coffee:

Thanks.  It's those "stack of papers", or whatever they're called.  Each "stack" is one item.  I wish I could do something with them besides make tinder, since I'm past level 3 on making fires and don't need tinder anymore.

1 hour ago, snakevondoof said:

had to take one from my rug to repair my sleepin bag but heres my carpet at the mountain hut

Damn you a serial Bear killer:D

Look at all dem guts you must have at least 6 Bear rugs that's awesome :toque:

Is that the Mountaineer's Hut on TWM? I'm gearing up for a trip there for the 1st time. Forging arrows at the Rykin in DP right now:huntingknife:

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Damn you a serial Bear killer:D

Look at all dem guts you must have at least 6 Bear rugs that's awesome :toque:

Is that the Mountaineer's Hut on TWM? I'm gearing up for a trip there for the 1st time. Forging arrows at the Rykin in DP right now:huntingknife:

I actually went and killed another a few minutes after this was taken, ha! almost to rifle mastery so I was wolf hunting and a friendly ol bear startled the heck outta me!

yeah its the mountaineer hut! its my favorite long term survival spot if you have enough arrow heads and scrap metal...just be aware that you should dress fairly warm before sleep, I make sure I'm wearing atleast a +45F (I think that's like 7C, if youre using metric. but don't quote me) plus I don't use the beds, I use my bearbag, unless a blizzard just ended. then Ill use a bed to save the bag condition.

good luck and happy trails!

Ps- make the trip to the summit, its worth it just for the view

• 2 weeks later...

My Wintermute crib (until last night, when I braved the dam and finished th chapter).

My food stash, the full selection, bagged up wolf at the top, a few fish, ready cooked bear, and a bag of deer - no rabbit, its the one thing missing from the lake cabin.

Cabin1.thumb.jpg.f3569da01cfbcccc3ca25ac0cce3884b.jpg

I lived downstairs because I'm lazy. Here's my curing area, with dry goods box & water store

Cabin3.thumb.jpg.412b67fe57faae902f1620cded89490f.jpg

My bed, close to the stove

Cabin2.thumb.jpg.369c3648c7cd60e0c7ef80eb77d0c296.jpg

And my work area, with ready cured stuff

Cabin4.thumb.jpg.09a7609381ad069a6e5c4ae9f3185ca3.jpg

I was sad to leave, but hopefully the story will allow for me to return if I need to... who knows. Can't wait for chapter 3 now. :) 

Archived