Does Food Poisoning Stack?

Prestermatt

As in, is there any additional risk eating spoiled food once you already have the affliction?

I got food poisoning eating a 50% can of sardines before bed, with plenty more space in my calorie store, so I figured I'd use up a few banged-up cans I'd saved just in case.  One gave me food poisoning as well, but it seemed to just replace the old one on the afflictions screen.  I took antibiotics, slept 10 hours, and woke up fully recovered, with a tummy full of food I otherwise would have avoided.

So, it seems like it's worth holding on to crappy food and binging on it if you're already sick.  Am I missing some extra risk here?

16 minutes ago, Prestermatt said:

As in, is there any additional risk eating spoiled food once you already have the affliction?

I got food poisoning eating a 50% can of sardines before bed, with plenty more space in my calorie store, so I figured I'd use up a few banged-up cans I'd saved just in case.  One gave me food poisoning as well, but it seemed to just replace the old one on the afflictions screen.  I took antibiotics, slept 10 hours, and woke up fully recovered, with a tummy full of food I otherwise would have avoided.

So, it seems like it's worth holding on to crappy food and binging on it if you're already sick.  Am I missing some extra risk here?

Not that I'm aware of....

18 minutes ago, Prestermatt said:

18 minutes ago, Prestermatt said:

If it displays food poisoning twice then it must be a bug.

Just now, Prestermatt said:

Nope.  Just kept eating.

Might be a bug as you can't stack food poisoning.

http://thelongdark.wikia.com/wiki/Food_Poisoning

1 minute ago, Prestermatt said:

I just realized that the title could be misleading.  "Does Food Poisoning Stack?" would be more accurate, but I'm not sure how/if it can be changed.

On the forums it saids hold the mouse to change the title.

1 hour ago, Prestermatt said:

Well, it didn't stack, just replaced.

I'm  on a phone, holding the title just selects the text.  Oh well.

You can edit the title if you go to edit for your original post....

I just had to do that yesterday, because apparently I don't know the difference between horde and hoard....

9 hours ago, Kaiservadin said:

I am not sure about post title myself have not try it yet. You mean it went from 6 out of 10 hours to 10 out of 10 hours ?

No, because I didn't pass any time between getting the first affliction and eating the other spoiled food.  It might have, if I had slept some before eating the tomato soup.

7 hours ago, Renegade30 said:

If I remember correctly I think getting food poisoning again just resets the amount of rest hours you need

This makes sense, and is consistent with what I did.  If you don't sleep at all, you can just keep eating bad food with no (additional) ill consequences.  So keep that banged-up dog food around in case you get sick from something else anyway.

Though, it does seem rather cruel to take someone who is already dealing with an upset stomach and feed them lots of moldy, unpalatable food... IRL those additional calories would probably just come right back up again.

Archived