Stuck on Carter Hydro Dam

triko

Hello, Im new and I have found a big environmental problem!

-Im using Win 10

-I was walking through Carter Hydro Dam when fallen between two tanks and a fence and now I'm complete stuck here and cannot move on! Like I am in the jail

-I attached a screen so you are able to find the spot

-I got coordinates: Dam (-24.6; -1.7; -37.1)

Please help me because I dont want to restart the challenge!

Thanks

20170821162907_1.jpg

20170821162923_1.jpg

20170821162924_1.jpg

20170821162926_1.jpg

20170821162929_1.jpg

20170821162932_1.jpg

20170821162935_1.jpg

20170821162937_1.jpg

20170821162939_1.jpg

20170821162942_1.jpg

20170821162948_1.jpg

Hi @triko, welcome to the forums. Usually the best way to deal with an environment issue is to quit and reload.

If you are playing the Story, you can also reload from a Check Point which will usually set you farther back to the point where you completed your last objective -- this option is only available after dying, though. 

6 hours ago, triko said:

Im playing challenge "30 days before blizzard".

I tried to reload but I respawned there!

Sounds like you might have saved the game after you got stuck.. (passing time is enough to do that). The first rule of getting stuck in the environment is "Never save the game at that point."

I wish you luck, but you may be screwed, with starting over your only option.

Oh crap! Dude, why would you save there...

Oh wait....you are doing the challenge, fell, sprained something when you fell and injuries save your game in the challenges/sandbox.....

Yeah...you will have to start over unless you back up your saves for fun, like I do....

27 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Oh wait....you are doing the challenge, fell, sprained something when you fell and injuries save your game in the challenges/sandbox.....

I missed seeing that bit about falling.. yup.. I suspect you're screwed, @triko..

No no no... No way!
Check the video so none of you can be screwed like me....

I hope that programmers solve this problem because Im not playing the game until they solve. This problem maybe took 4 or 5 minutes to be solved!
Please programmers block this access to all dumb explorers like me, so they cannot stuck into a nightmare :) 

1 minute ago, triko said:

No no no... No way!
Check the post so none of you can be screwed like me....

That's the way the sandbox/challenges are...there's permadeath, and the game insta-saves any time you are injured...which includes sprains from falling, food poisoning, getting attacked by a wolf, etc. Any time you get hurt in the game in any way....the game saves....On top of normal saves like for entering a house, sleeping, passing time, etc.

It's just the nature of the beast.

Next time try to watch your step....and don't fall....lol...

Hey thanks for reply but I'm not injured myself, I just fall into and nothing... after few attempts to escape I place bedroll wioth hope that I can woke up out of this fence but no!
Anyway this is a bug, there is no way that a player fall from 30 cm and the whole game screwed up!

Oh did you sleep on your bedroll after you got stuck there?! That definitely saves your game....you should have just hit quit if you weren't injured. Your last save would have been when you entered the building....

Don't save the game if you are stuck....

Trust me, most people know not to do that already....

4 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

That's the way the sandbox/challenges are...there's permadeath, and the game insta-saves any time you are injured...which includes sprains from falling, food poisoning, getting attacked by a wolf, etc. Any time you get hurt in the game in any way....the game saves....On top of normal saves like for entering a house, sleeping, passing time, etc.

It's just the nature of the beast.

Next time try to watch your step....and don't fall....lol...

I know that I fault saving the game, but anyway this is a problem I think, unless I'll get an answer directly from a game designer and he will tell me that the "jail" was made on purpose and only now I restart my game! :)
Not fair....

• 7 months later...

Thanks for your posts, everyone. We will take a close look at this area in the Dam. If you notice any other areas in the game that are difficult to get out of, please take a debug screenshot and report them to our Public Bug Database: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP

For future reference, if you survivor ever does get stuck in the environment the best way to get out is to Quit and Resume your most recent save. Some gameplay time may be lost, but it's better than accidentally saving yourself into that spot by sleeping, passing time, or doing something that might give your survivor an injury.

Thanks again!

Archived