Subtitle issues

Felli

Hi all,

I just fired up The Long Dark after being away for a bit and decided to start a new save in the first chapter of Wintermute. However, it seems that the subtitles are broken. Instead of the normal text, I see what looks like the actual filename reference to the line that should be playing, instead of the line itself. Example in the screen shots.

I've tried verifying files and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the rest of the game, as I can play in sandbox mode  with the subtitles working fine. Has anyone run into this problem since the last patch? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

PC specs for reference (It's a 4 year old gaming laptop and runs this game like a dream):

Intel i7 2.4ghz

16GB RAM,

Nvidia 765M

Windows 7

screen_(2015, 381, 1459)_9a2e32a0-d099-4adc-92c8-3f7f0fba55b3.png

screen_(2015, 383, 1458)_9f8bdc2b-f8c1-47e6-ac95-ec79a6092ec9.png

Thanks for the information folks! I played into the middle of Episode 1 and never had any problems with the subtitles after the first scene. it only affected the very first intro in my case. If it's already reported I won't worry about adding it to their database then!

Cheers all!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MaybelleMorgan said:

Are you Looking for Subtitling Services at affordable rates?Alright..Switch to <deleted> to experience a Professional Subtitling Services in a Faster Time Frame.You can get Accurate Outputs at an <deleted>

Heh.. I went to this website and had an interested chat with their online chat-person. Not that it'll do any good.

Welcome to LiveChat
ab5b0666feffd67600206cd519fd77ea.jpgDarren Gabe Support Agent

Darren GabeHi Welcome,

How may I help you?

Client Hi, you can ask your people to stop spamming your services on forums where they're not wanted, please.

Darren Gabe I am sorry, Could you be please more specific?

Client sure.. take a look at this. <deleted link>

"MaybelleMorgan" is about to get banned and the post deleted, but this kind of spam is becoming a real nuisance lately. It's not wanted, and not appreciated.

Darren Gabe We are <deleted> services. I am sorry we just don't understand your concern. Is that something related to <deleted>?

Client The link posted by that person goes to this website. I'm guessing they're somehow associated to you, some kind of affiliate program, perhaps, because otherwise why would somebody join our forum just to post a link that's not related to the discussion?

Darren Gabe If you or they have placed any order with us, kindly do let us know your order number or email to check the details, so that we can help you out.

Client Believe me, any company that uses such despicable advertising methods is never going to get any business from me.

Darren Gabe I am sorry but please help me with the order details so that we can check and help you out. I cannot retrieve your details with out any relevant information

Client There is no order. Are you a real human, or just a bot?

Darren Gabe We do not use Robot

Client Then you should be able to understand what I'm saying. Which is that somebody associated with your company is advertising your products in a very underhanded way.

Darren Gabe Alright, l will convey this to my Manager

Client thank you. 

Darren Gabe My pleasure

Archived