Fire Master Badge?

Stormwolf1O1

What's the best way to get the Fire Master badge, under Feats? (Successfully start 1000 fires)

I'm at 33% right now, at 200 hours of gameplay. That's 330/1000 fires. It's not really feasible to just casually get this badge without literally pulling a Runescape and going  out of your way to build a bunch of fires everywhere. Or can anyone think of some other way?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over 800 hours and still don't have it. Nearly done but I don't make a lot of fires I have learned how to live with less and less fire and I never play interloper only stalker. So the best way make a lot of fires that you don't need. Short in duration light one fire from another to not waste matches

Yeah, me too but don't forget that that badge-time only started when we got the update for them. I think FC. I'm only at halfway since I too don't make lots of fires. Only when I have to cook. Even to warm up I just jump in a bed for two hrs. When I'm cold outside I'm never too far from somewhere, even in a cave I don't always make one. I made a bunch of outside fires for the challenges though, but that's about it.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

Yeah, me too but don't forget that that badge-time only started when we got the update for them. I think FC. I'm only at halfway since I too don't make lots of fires. Only when I have to cook. Even to warm up I just jump in a bed for two hrs. When I'm cold outside I'm never too far from somewhere, even in a cave I don't always make one. I made a bunch of outside fires for the challenges though, but that's about it.

There was a period of a couple years where I stopped playing TLD. Put about 150 of the 200 hours of gameplay in over the last two weeks, upon the release of story mode. Last time I had played previously, wolves still looked permanently like they'd just seen their mother get hit by a train. :D

599a2fe5792b4_maxresdefault(1).jpg.d12c6e0cc265a291abb97e3361a02d61.jpg

9 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Nope my stats of Firestarter certainly did not get reset or start with FC.

If it had I'd be at 15 percent or something tiny.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

Nope my stats of Firestarter certainly did not get reset or start with FC.

If it had I'd be at 15 percent or something tiny.

I'm saying that yes there was a time when we didn't have those badges and I know this for a fact. Not sure which update it was though but I had hundreds of hours I know for sure, in the game and making fires when they introduced that to TLD. Experience from before that definitely did not carry over.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

I'm saying that yes there was a time when we didn't have those badges and I know this for a fact. Not sure which update it was though but I had hundreds of hours I know for sure, in the game and making fires when they introduced that to TLD. Experience from before that definitely did not carry over.

I can tell you the Firestarter badge was there from when I started playing in early 2016.

18 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I haven't spammed or cheated or built a whole ton of 1 stick fires.

I want to get it by building actual fires and use them.

I wouldn't consider it cheating if you were to do that. That's on my list of things to do, build a bunch of one stick fires with the magnifying glass. Because practice makes perfect, right?

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

I can tell you the Firestarter badge was there from when I started playing in early 2016.

I've been playing since not long after launch day and I can prove they didn't always have it as well. I remember a letsplayer complaining about having it feel like they had to start all over again to complete the new badges.

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

I've been playing since not long after launch day and I can prove they didn't always have it as well. I remember a letsplayer complaining about having it feel like they had to start all over again to complete the new badges.

I know they didn't have it at launch...I'm simply stating that they've had it the entire time I've been playing.

6 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I know they didn't have it at launch...I'm simply stating that they've had it the entire time I've been playing.

Yeah, so you know, I feel like I should have had that fire master badge by now, a few times over, lol. I'm at least 1,500 - 1,600 hrs in this game, some of that isn't counted at Steam. Not proud of it, lol. but even after all that time, I sill wouldn't call myself a LD expert. There are still, even now, many challenging things in the game. I don't like to play Interloper because of the stress. To me, games are for fun. Someday, maybe I'll get past 15 days in Interloper, maybe o.O

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

Yeah, so you know, I feel like I should have had that fire master badge by now, a few times over, lol. I'm at least 1,500 - 1,600 hrs in this game, some of that isn't counted at Steam. Not proud of it, lol. but even after all that time, I sill would call myself a LD expert. There are still, even now, many challenging things in the game. I don't like to play Interloper because of the stress. To me, games are for fun. Someday, maybe I'll get past 15 days in Interloper, maybe o.O

I agree.

I know that it hasn't counted all my fires either...but now I only have 20 percent or so to go...there's light at the end of the tunnel.

2 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I know that it hasn't counted all my fires either...but now I only have 20 percent or so to go...there's light at the end of the tunnel.

How can you tell that? Do you just keep a very close eye on it? and the word 'would' in my post is supposed to be 'wouldn't'.

3 hours ago, SnowWalker said:

How can you tell that? Do you just keep a very close eye on it? and the word 'would' in my post is supposed to be 'wouldn't'.

I can't really....it just feels like I have made more fires.

I'm actually on 80 percent as of today...how many fires that means are left is more than my crappy math skills can figure especially this late at night. ;)

It's sort of a paradoxical badge in that to get it you probably need to focus on training your fire starting skill in every sandbox across a lot of sandboxes, so that once you have it you can start sandboxes without having to go out of your way to  train firestarting. I don't have it yet, but I have spammed 1 stick fires in interloper games where the bonus starting chance is really useful with the lack of accelerant. 

I got bored in one day of lighting one stick fires for that badge. The method I used was, I waited for a clear day and lit a one stick fire behind each wall of the camp office with the magnifying glass...as to not waste matches. I just walked around and around the camp office lighting fires in the same four campfires. It's amazing how fast that wastes a day...I can't remember how many I managed to light....but it wasn't a lot, that's for sure....

I created a Pilgrim sandbox and made a schedule of 20 fires per day for 50 days. 5 fires in the outdoor shed on the PV farm; lit the first with a match then used brands to simply cycle through the others 4 times. Make it a kind of meta game...the reward is certainly worth it.

12 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Now on 81 percent.

Checked mine today....I'm on 45% for crying out loud! That means I still have to make at least 550 fires. That means I've only made 450 fires since we got the badges! Wth?
It's the only one I don't have, lol. I have everything...all challenges, all achievements except 200 Days and all badges except Fire Master. Maybe I'll get those by the time Wintermute is complete. Big Maybe.

1 hour ago, Carbon said:

20 fires per day for 50 days.

That's what I call dedication but it leaves no time to do anything else. In this game, by the time you've made 20 fires it'll be nighttime. So it's going to take longer than 50 days because you'll need to be also going out and scouting for and replenishing wood and food supplies.

56 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

That's what I call dedication but it leaves no time to do anything else. In this game, by the time you've made 20 fires it'll be nighttime. So it's going to take longer than 50 days because you'll need to be also going out and scouting for and replenishing wood and food supplies.

Pretty much....

Archived