Need more water

Kaiservadin

10 hours ago, Mixxut said:

What makes that even worse is that I found a bedroll,  can opener and a lantern before that.

On one run I couldn't find a prybar throughout Mystery Lake and Carter Dam, forcing me to pass by so many locked containers(car trunks, lockers, etc). I wasn't doing so well in the clothing department, either, which started getting me paranoid most of the clothing was in all the locked spots.

Did well on keeping myself hydrated, though. I think I recall finding a firestriker and a magnifying glass.

1 minute ago, Samsonguy920 said:

On one run I couldn't find a prybar throughout Mystery Lake and Carter Dam, forcing me to pass by so many locked containers(car trunks, lockers, etc). I wasn't doing so well in the clothing department, either, which started getting me paranoid most of the clothing was in all the locked spots.

Did well on keeping myself hydrated, though. I think I recall finding a firestriker and a magnifying glass.

thats good when you have no matches.

Just now, Kaiservadin said:

thats good when you have no matches.

Yeah, kinda sad I searched everywhere in ML. Trappers homestead, Camp office, lake cabins, even the lone cabin witch is in territory of a bear. I searched the fishing huts but not even a flare. I died on the way to the Hydro dam... I didn't even find A FREAKING SODA! Some people have better luck. Or they know where to look.

Just now, Mixxut said:

Yeah, kinda sad I searched everywhere in ML. Trappers homestead, Camp office, lake cabins, even the lone cabin witch is in territory of a bear. I searched the fishing huts but not even a flare. I died on the way to the Hydro dam... I didn't even find A FREAKING SODA! Some people have better luck. Or they know where to look.

Should be a prybar in the dam the key to the gate in in the trailers, at least it was for me.

Just now, Mixxut said:

That's one of the strengths of the game. Nothing can ever be taken for certain. There are locations where the odds are good for a certain item, but it's not permanent. If you are ever in Pleasant Valley and without a prybar, try Signal Hill right under the tower. That was where I finally found one thanks to a tip given by a friend on here. And that was after I scoured the Farmhouse, Draftdodger's Cabin, and Barn.

But always be prepared that you may not always get what you need. Yet never give up.  If you pass on to the long dark making your way through to the next region, fighting to continue, then you did well.

1 minute ago, Samsonguy920 said:

That's one of the strengths of the game. Nothing can ever be taken for certain. There are locations where the odds are good for a certain item, but it's not permanent. If you are ever in Pleasant Valley and without a prybar, try Signal Hill right under the tower. That was where I finally found one thanks to a tip given by a friend on here. And that was after I scoured the Farmhouse, Draftdodger's Cabin, and Barn.

But always be prepared that you may not always get what you need. Yet never give up.  If you pass on to the long dark making your way through to the next region, fighting to continue, then you did well.

Yeah, that was my second interloper run so im pretty awful at that mode. Now im in PV and doing much better. I might even survive  few days! Gonna hunt that prybar soon!

Archived