Episode 2 - Jeremiah trust unlockings

Hotzn

I don't get it. Moved trust up to 180 with Jeremiah, and in my journal it indicates I unlocked the crafting recipe for deerskin pants and deerskin boots. But when I click on the workbench in Trapper's it says "no blueprints of this type" for the workbench. Same for the forge, although I unlocked the improvised hatchet. Can someone elaborate?

I wasn't aware of that...do you do it by picking it up to look at the can of food and then hitting space bar?

I just stole everything when I got to his cabin. If you go into "negative trust", currently the NPCs just don't speak to you for 24 hours.

It doesn't actually go negative....I mean if you are at 0 trust, and then steal everything....it says -5 trust....-15 trust....but you are at 0 so it stays 0.

So I took everything when I got there....I figured by the time I got back from the Dam, a day will have passed and he'll have forgiven me....so I can then give him those bugged hides....

For the OP.....I imagine this is just another terrible bug, that you should report. Allegedly they just fixed the snow shelter bug with his trust. To do so they probably broke everything else involving his trust....

Also after earning his trust by giving him crap he wants, you DID talk to him and go to trust, and then had a conversation about whatever you just unlocked right?

You have to talk to them about it after earning the rewards....but I figured you already knew that from doing that with Grey Mother's rewards.....

But then I thought maybe he didn't earn any of her rewards and moved onto Episode 2 without learning about how the trust system works....

7 hours ago, Thrasador said:

I wasn't aware of that...do you do it by picking it up to look at the can of food and then hitting space bar?

I just stole everything when I got to his cabin. If you go into "negative trust", currently the NPCs just don't speak to you for 24 hours.

It doesn't actually go negative....I mean if you are at 0 trust, and then steal everything....it says -5 trust....-15 trust....but you are at 0 so it stays 0.

So I took everything when I got there....I figured by the time I got back from the Dam, a day will have passed and he'll have forgiven me....so I can then give him those bugged hides....

Interesting. You know that you can return pork & beans you stole from him? Stealing a can gives -15 trust, returning it gives +10. So if trust doesn't go negative, you should be able to steal everything right when you first meet him, then return the four pork & beans and receive +40 free trust (more if you steal & return everything). And yes, you eat the pork & beans by left-clicking it and then hitting the space bar. The can will vanish, but you're technically not picking it up.

Jeremiah: Hey! Stranger! What you picking up my precious pork & beans for? Huh? Not planning to steal it, are you? I would distrust you if you did!

Will: Nah... just... eatin' it... *gobble, slobber*

Jeremiah: Ah! Alright then! Thought you might steal it. But now I see you're not a thief. Just a... an... eater. Old Jeremiah can live with that...

8 hours ago, Thrasador said:

For the OP.....I imagine this is just another terrible bug, that you should report. Allegedly they just fixed the snow shelter bug with his trust. To do so they probably broke everything else involving his trust....

Also after earning his trust by giving him crap he wants, you DID talk to him and go to trust, and then had a conversation about whatever you just unlocked right?

You have to talk to them about it after earning the rewards....but I figured you already knew that from doing that with Grey Mother's rewards.....

But then I thought maybe he didn't earn any of her rewards and moved onto Episode 2 without learning about how the trust system works....

Hm, can't remember if I talked it through with him. Will check when I got time to play again. Thanks.

Archived