Noob question

godhelpme89

Also, just so you are aware... @cekivi et al....they changed the scent icon so it isn't present at all times....so just because it isn't at the top of the screen, it doesn't necessarily mean you are not giving off scent.

It's sort of hidden now....they keep making the HUD more and more minimalist despite not asking anyone what they want, or having a minimalist option in the menu....

I never got to use the old UI with all the info there for you to see, but I saw it in old videos....and I really wish having the info present on the screen was still an option at least.

I'm not a huge fan of forced changes, or not giving people choices or options....

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Also, just so you are aware... @cekivi et al....they changed the scent icon so it isn't present at all times....so just because it isn't at the top of the screen, it doesn't necessarily mean you are not giving off scent.

It's sort of hidden now....they keep making the HUD more and more minimalist despite not asking anyone what they want, or having a minimalist option in the menu....

I never got to use the old UI with all the info there for you to see, but I saw it in old videos....and I really wish having the info present on the screen was still an option at least.

I'm not a huge fan of forced changes, or not giving people choices or options....

Yes, the scent indicator comes up with the rest of the icons now. I actually prefer it that way; having it always present was annoying and besides, its not like the information is dynamic; once you have scent, it isn't going to change until you drop the source.

As for not being a fan of forced changes....well, we did agree to that. This is one problem with early access...people tend to think they have a say in everything. If HL needed consensus for each and every decision nothing would get done.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎21 at 6:40 AM, Carbon said:

As for not being a fan of forced changes....well, we did agree to that. This is one problem with early access...people tend to think they have a say in everything. If HL needed consensus for each and every decision nothing would get done.

"Player informed, not player directed" I think was the preferred terminology. Thanks for the clarification :) 

23 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

@cekivi quoting Carbon only encourages him....

Also, it defeats the fact that I have him blocked....

bit snarky and why block him? he was just trying to give you some information, which made sense to me.

If you want to block someone just do it there is no need to try to get the whole forum on board, keep your issues to yourself I say.

or was this joke? i read wrong?

Archived