GOG Patch?

Chester Rico

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Mugger said:

@Patrick Carlson or @Mel Guille

Any chance we can at least be told if GoG have the updates ?

If we know that they have them then we can at least get on to them to get them added

Thanks

That would be nice. The last GOG update is coming up on 14 days ago now.

Why is the game even offered on GOG when it's so hard to support there? I'd have bought the Steam version if I'd known that this would be such an issue. I own a lot of games on GOG (it's DRM free, and... something something indie I guess), but I've never seen a problem with updates like this before, even on smaller titles (Republique, Starbound, etc.)

Some word on this would be appreciated. In the meantime I'm looking into refund options on GOG; because honestly I'd like to play story mode as well, and from reading the changelogs, I'd want to be up to date to do that.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:30 AM, Mugger said:

Any chance we can at least be told if GoG have the updates ?

If we know that they have them then we can at least get on to them to get them added

The Patch 7 updates are not yet live on GoG, but they're coming! We will post a community notice when the build is updated.

55 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

The Patch 7 updates are not yet live on GoG, but they're coming! We will post a community notice when the build is updated.

Patch 7

Patch 6 is still not up on GoG yet :)

But thanks for the reply - appreciated

1 hour ago, Mel Guille said:

Ha! 2 hours after I initiated the refund on GoG (I'm getting the money back in wallet funds.)

Oh well, cheers for the reply though ;)

29 minutes ago, Polynomial-C said:

Hi,

I wonder why updates take so long getting published on GoG. Is the release process so much more complicated than the one for Steam?

GoG uses some sort of verification system for updates, similar to the way Sony and Microsoft handle it with the console versions, meaning it usually takes at least 24 hours for them to verify and release updates after the developer submits it to them.

In the case of TLD, I guess Hinterland just got behind with packaging all the updates and releasing them to GoG.

I don't think this is the only reason. From a technical perspective this shouldn't mean a delay of 2 weeks or more.

I think that the amount of customers per platform and the size of the Hinterland team also play certain roles in deciding when to push updates to GOG. The first release of TLD was 1  day later than the release date while GOG stated it was published at the same day as it was uploaded to them (which is within 24 hours).
GOG also never gets mentioned in any update post. Not even the post about when we could expect the 1.0 release per platform.

Please note I'm not complaining about Hinterland themselves. They have a very hard time at the moment because the release didn't went as planned and they're a small team. Hinterland made a great game and they deliver quality. There's just a huge lack of communication towards the GOG platform and their customers for an unknown reason.

7 minutes ago, Chester Rico said:

I doubt we'll ever know what went wrong exactly.

I'm now a happy owner of the steam version, in any case.

Probably a more reliable and faster service, plus once you own it you wont never lose a game again. unless of course if steam ever goes over.

42 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Yea, I guess that is kind of a downside, but at least it gives one time to read these forums and see if the new updates fix everything. ^_^

I'd be interested in knowing if the delay is on GOG's side or Hinterlands.

Personally I would think the delay is on Hinterlands side,

As was mentioned earlier the game was on GoG web site within 24 hours of receiving it from Hinterland,

Also the 1.05 update is on GoG therefore I can see no reason why if GoG had the 1.06 or 1.07 update it should not be on the web site,

Course I could be completely wrong 9_9

It's probably a priority thing due to the team size and the player size on GOG. GOG gets never mentioned anyway by Hinterland so it doesn't seem to have any priority.

At the other side GOG will almost every time get a near bug free update. Except for now because after more than 2 weeks we still have game breaking bugs for Wintermute... bugs that have been fixed 2 weeks ago on all other platforms.

9 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

We continue to work on updates for the GOG version - we know you've been waiting and we appreciate your patience. :coffee:

Thanks! I check GoG for updates several times a day and sometimes I feel like a second class player because I chose GoG over Steam for this game...

2 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Of course the waiting is no problem. It's a small and dedicated team.

The complete lack of communication however is a problem. Just my opinion.
I'm used to a Hinterland who communicates a lot. :)

We hear you @Blinkin. There are a lot of info streams going right now - but as I said, we're aware of the need for GOG updates. It's not a side issue - we're working on it. 

Thanks for the update. :) Time to start playing again, it has been some time ago haha.

I'm still slightly annoyed tough by the lack of communication, sorry to say but I really think this is something which could and should be improved in the future.
Some people on GOG feel like second class customers which is an sad thing I think (I don't feel like that, yet).

The 1.0 launch didn't went as Hinterland intended it which is something everyone probably recognises, respect for all the hard work being done right now everyone! :)
But it's very annoying to see clear status information being provided to all customers on different platforms except customers who are on GOG (not talking about update dates as those are a dangerous things to announce).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 9:05 PM, Blinkin said:

Thanks for the update. :) Time to start playing again, it has been some time ago haha.

I'm still slightly annoyed tough by the lack of communication, sorry to say but I really think this is something which could and should be improved in the future.
Some people on GOG feel like second class customers which is an sad thing I think (I don't feel like that, yet).

The 1.0 launch didn't went as Hinterland intended it which is something everyone probably recognises, respect for all the hard work being done right now everyone! :)
But it's very annoying to see clear status information being provided to all customers on different platforms except customers who are on GOG (not talking about update dates as those are a dangerous things to announce).

It'd be interesting to see TLD's sales figures across the different platforms but I believe the GOG customer is in fact a minority. Forum activity on GOG.com is generally low, it doesn't even exist in a few cases. However I'm a supporter of their business model and if I have a choice between Steam and GOG, I choose GOG.

I'm very glad the game received the 1.12 patches and I still keep my fingers crossed for GOG Achievements and maybe a few extras to be added at some point in the future... :x

Reached the end of Episode 1 now and can't wait to get started with Episode 2 on Sunday. 

Archived