Shelter building/ structure repair

Cbarre23

While i like the idea i feel that anykind of a building system past what is there minus maybe a fire protecting thing that it may take away from the aspect of the game kinda throwing you in use what you can kinda game. If it was added i feel like it would be more fallout ish. i like it but dont know how i feel about it as far as like building from scratch 

Well, I am for it, for once. On a condition that the existing shelters can also become less favorable by the actions of a wildlife, or a weather, damaging it. Imagine a storm hitting in, and a branch falls onto a roof. Suddenly there is a hole, decreased inner temperature, and an option to mend the hole, which would take lots of calories, time and most definitedly some material as well. I imagine reclaimed wood would be the way most shelters would be repaired, and there would have to be a way to create the reclaimed wood with a hacksaw on a workbench, I think. Like, imagine that the Mountaineers hut with its hole in the roof would have some sort of access to the roof where you could repair it, and during bad blizzards there would be a small chance of a random damage to it again. This would make "camping in huts" more difficult, and as the game would progress, less and less places would stay habitable.

But as far as "building entire new structures", I am not a big fan of that, honestly. Shelters built in TLD are temporary because trying to build anything more durable is a waste of energy in a cold enviroment. The only really permanent structures I could imagine in TLD are igloos and some kinds of teepees, but neither can even compare to having a real, solid shelter.

Edited by Mroz4k
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 2:02 PM, Mroz4k said:

But as far as "building entire new structures", I am not a big fan of that, honestly.

Come on, who hasn't wanted to build a simple little shack at somewhere like the lake overlook!  I'll take my clothes off and drag that pot belly stove up there just to be unencumbered enough to move!  During a blizzard, uphill both ways!

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2017 at 5:23 AM, Cbarre23 said:

It would be nice if we could construct custom shelters as kne would probably do in the real world or at the very least repair and improve an existing structure you are using as a base camp. 

Yes please. I have always thought it would be great if we could repair the Mountaineer's Hut. To make it a bit more warm and I always wanted to clean up the various other buildings. Particularly the Camp Office in Mystery Lake and Quonset Gas Station. Those two locations have way too much garbage sitting around.

• 3 years later...