Collectable posters?

sierra 117

Hi folks so I found a couple of really cool posters in the Dam. I would love to be able to collect them.( not sure how to upload a screenshot from my xbox) They are on the right hand side of the first big room you enter, just outside the toilets.

Please devs could u make these collectable and allow us to decorate our homes a bit?

also maybe add a few more/different ones :)

Collect, yes, and I imagine you could even view them in the Journal. But use them to decorate something? No. TLD is not about making home bases. Decorations are of little importance - afterall, many of the locations are pretty run-down and beaten up, things thrown around everywhere. 

I would like to get collectible posters as a personal achievement. Could even be "game sided" - meaning you would have to collect them again each game, makes for some interesting quests to travel to certain locations.

23 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Collect, yes, and I imagine you could even view them in the Journal. But use them to decorate something? No. TLD is not about making home bases. Decorations are of little importance - afterall, many of the locations are pretty run-down and beaten up, things thrown around everywhere. 

Nothing wrong with making a place feel more like home. It's a legitimate playstyle, and the ability to place and manipulate objects in the world was initially requested for the same reason, if I'm not mistaken. 

I vote that we can also use them as fuel, just so one day someone desperate for a fire has to burn their favourite poster. How far will you go to survive? 

Considering you would not even get a single minute of fire out of a poster, doing so would be just moronic. You probably mean tinder. Which is so easy to come by I really dont see much of a point to this. 

For the same reason you would not burn the rest of the collectibles. They are exactly that - collectibles. Shouldnt have a real worth in game besides being a sort of an achievement.

You miss the point of decoration - this would be just a waste of development time. Decorations serve no purpose ingame, just to make things prettier. You can do that to a point with equipment you find in your travels. This would probably possess a lot of difficult changes in the code, or the posters would have to be manually placed by the devs as an option into individual homes, but I guess maybe they could work the same way items do, I suppose that would work. Just dont see a way how to place them on the walls unless all the items become rotateable. That would be cool but I imagine it would be a horrible headache, trying to code it. So I see it as an unnecesary addition Devs shouldnt bother with.

I think some folks are missing the point of the request. He's asking Hinterland to make posters that can be sold to us here in meatspace so that you could put one up in your bedroom or living room or something.

You know, via mail order or something.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, stratvox said:

I think some folks are missing the point of the request. He's asking Hinterland to make posters that can be sold to us here in meatspace so that you could put one up in your bedroom or living room or something.

You know, via mail order or something.

Well I actually meant I'd lime to collect them in game .

However I would really love if they sold them . Would be great to put up in my house irl lol

Archived