Storage Options

InfinityV

Earlier I was talking with a friend that also plays TLD, and I had an idea about storage options. I am completely alright with the player not having the ability to build any sort of structures or even foundations of any kind, but it would be really nice to have the ability to make some sort of storage containers. I am aware that you can store items in containers within pre-existing structures, but sometimes you have more items than you can easily store, so this would just be a very helpful addition. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

6 hours ago, CmdrDats said:

It's a lot faster/easier to manage bulk items inside storage containers though - looking at individual items to check their condition (I'm thinking about meat left outside in this case) is a real pain.

Dont drop it in one place, then. Separate the meat based on what kill it comes from, then you will have a general idea what spoils sooner and what later. 

As for the storage containers - just dont store anything that you dont have a buttload of in a stack inside. Store sticks and other tiny materials in storages, rest goes on the floor. 

I would like some sort of basket container, though. Something made of birch, which could be used to store sticks.

14 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Dont drop it in one place, then. Separate the meat based on what kill it comes from, then you will have a general idea what spoils sooner and what later. 

As for the storage containers - just dont store anything that you dont have a buttload of in a stack inside. Store sticks and other tiny materials in storages, rest goes on the floor. 

I would like some sort of basket container, though. Something made of birch, which could be used to store sticks.

Sure - it's all manageable at the moment, but they're really work-arounds where portable storage containers (aka. bags) would be first class - and pretty rad if you had to spend cloth + gut + time to craft them.

7 hours ago, CmdrDats said:

Sure - it's all manageable at the moment, but they're really work-arounds where portable storage containers (aka. bags) would be first class - and pretty rad if you had to spend cloth + gut + time to craft them.

I would never waste cloth to make containers. Also, cloth in itself would be pretty inadequate to create a backpack or a bag that can be carried or used for item storage, it is too weak of a material. Leather would make more sense but leather would be rather heavy to carry around - so baskets out of bark make the most sense.

Archived