The hymnal from the Church (Story Mode)?

IrenaAstarosa

Hello there, long time Stalker (pun intended), first time writing! 

I have a burning question about the hymnal we can find in the little church on the way to Milton in Story Mode. The one with lyrics to 'Dies Irae'. I picked it up just because I pick up any lore-related scraps of paper and didn't really think about it twice. I was in the middle of the quest where you have to go the farmhouse to fetch the locker key when I got a strange info on the screen; it lasted only a few seconds and I couldn't really read all of it nor take a screenshot. It showed me the Dies Irae text with the info "1 m remaining". 

Does anybody know what that means? Dies Irae is a text about the End of Days, the Apocalypse, which is fitting. But what is the significance of that scrap of paper in the game? I would really appreciate some insight!

I think Grey Mother spells it out rather well. Folks either ran or declared it the end of days. What better hymn to sing in the church than Dies Irae?

That sheet was probably brought by one of the townsfolk for everyone who came to share and know the song.  Then they cut tail and got out of there.  At least, I like to think more than one person went to the church for one more time.

That church will remain something special to me. During my first playthrough of Wintermute, I ended up having to make my way from the cave to Milton in the dark. This was before the bedroll was added in the cave, or else I would have just slept the night in there.

As it was, I made more than one fire on the way to store up on torches, as well as toss them about to discourage the wolves. After one failed attempt, I stuck to the road. By some miracle, the first structure I see after the bridge is that glorious and most beautiful old church.

Lots of planks in there, so if you want to stack up on some wood in peace for Grey Mother, there's a good place for it.

20 hours ago, Samsonguy920 said:

That church will remain something special to me. During my first playthrough of Wintermute, I ended up having to make my way from the cave to Milton in the dark. This was before the bedroll was added in the cave, or else I would have just slept the night in there.

As it was, I made more than one fire on the way to store up on torches, as well as toss them about to discourage the wolves. After one failed attempt, I stuck to the road. By some miracle, the first structure I see after the bridge is that glorious and most beautiful old church.

Lots of planks in there, so if you want to stack up on some wood in peace for Grey Mother, there's a good place for it.

The wood pallets by the bridge into Milton, or the ones behind the gas station I think give you the best wood to time ratio, but I could be wrong....

Also, just an FYI you can sleep in any car without a bedroll via the radial menu with a +3°C warmth bonus for being in the car. However your clothes are so crappy when you start, it is highly recommended to light a fire right outside of the car or under the hood to keep you warm while you sleep. Make sure you add enough wood to cover the number of hours you are sleeping, and sleep in 1-3 hour chunks to verify the fire didn't get blown out....

Lastly

there is a blue trailer with a bed you can sleep in to the right of the road up on a hill where a bunch of fallen logs are blocking the road a bit before the church. I would say it is halfway to the church between the last lone grey car on the bend in the road and the church. Also if you start again, now that they added a bedroll to the first cave.....there is a deep cave with coal if you go way to the right after the last lone car. The cave is on the edge of a big open space with a lot of sticks across the street from a cattail lake with a dead deer and bunnies. There is 5-8 pieces of coal...which would cover a good night's sleep with a bedroll.

Archived