Portable Soup

deathbydanish

I happened upon a Youtuber that is into historical re-enactment, but he specializes in cooking foods from early American history. 

Portable Soup

Due to the primitive (by our modern standards) 18th century way it was made, it would seem to be possible to do this in the game as a side preparation while cooking any meat you may have, but it would be rather time intensive and require lots of wood. If you watch the video, this process would involve both cooking and crafting, since you would need to cure the portable soup before it would be ready for use. Once you have it though, you'd have a very light source of food that would take a long time to spoil (apparently the British navy used it before the invention of canned foods) and would only require a little bit of water to reconstitute. I could foresee this being something that Grey Mother teaches you, she seems to prefer independence and self-reliance, so I could accept that this is something she might have done in order to lessen dependence on mainlanders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, deathbydanish said:

I could foresee this being something that Grey Mother teaches you, she seems to prefer independence and self-reliance, so I could accept that this is something she might have done in order to lessen dependence on mainlanders.

Or maybe it could be something that comes from combined knowledge.  Grey Mother could teach you to make bone broth, and Jeremiah could teach you the part about making the soup with it... Heck, maybe make it something you learn parts of through the story mode episodes...

Archived