Hunting Lodge at "Fix my Rifle"

hoxxx

So. Stupid me, hopefully.

What am I supposed to do at the hunting lodge? I found the flashlight, the phone rang. I found the rifle, cool. I picked up pretty much everything and in my frustration almost broke all the furniture. The story doesn't proceed. The Journal still says "Search the lodge for supplies..." and "Look for more info about forest talkers..."

So what is it exactly, I'm supposed to do more in this building?

On 8/12/2017 at 0:37 AM, hoxxx said:

I found the rifle

Oh joy.. so that's why the quest didn't complete when I got back to Trapper's.. I found everything else, even that note. <sigh> looks like a speed-run is in order.

There is a bin in the basement, at the foot of the stairs. I think what you need is in that.  I dont recall what exactly it was that moved the quest forward, but I know that bin is there, and its NOT accessible in sandbox, so it has something to do with story mode.

11 hours ago, TROY said:

There is a bin in the basement, at the foot of the stairs. I think what you need is in that.

I found that no problem.. but somehow I totally missed seeing the rifle whilst there. Had to make a second trip from Trapper's to fetch it. Much hilarity with wolves ensued, en-route to the Hunting Lodge. >:(

(it's the rifle that moves the quest forward)

So what exactly am I supposed to do? I fixed Jeremiahs rifle, got the other rifle from the lodge, got the flashlight, read the note. The quest didnt get checked, so I thought Ill have to talk to Jeremiah, but he wont talk to me. Stuck. And a loong way to go back...

2 hours ago, Kleppo said:

So what exactly am I supposed to do? I fixed Jeremiahs rifle, got the other rifle from the lodge, got the flashlight, read the note. The quest didnt get checked, so I thought Ill have to talk to Jeremiah, but he wont talk to me. Stuck. And a loong way to go back...

talk to him and click the story option. He do not talk to you automatically when you get back to him.

• 3 weeks later...

same problem here, i got everything and i got back, the dialogue started and i handed him his rifle.. then went on to talk about survival school and when i clicked "yes" to start hunting for him, the screen went blue. now when the game loads it tells me im still on the fix my rifle quest, and now in my inventory i have jeremiahs broken and fixed rifle... wtf???

Archived