Bank vault error

Mugger

Any chance either @Mel Guille or @Patrick Carlson can help with this problem ?

Download is from GoG V1.05 (32319) - I know there is another update, but it's not available on GoG site yet,

I asked on GoG forum but so far no one else has come across this problem,

Anybody here having problems trying to open the bank vault in Milton?
I have the bank manager’s key have also gotten the vault code from his house, but when I try and open the vault all I get is a static picture which I cannot interact with in any way (also have the GM quest and key to open the box in the vault),
I had the same problem before running the update (V1.05_32319),
So after installing the update I started from scratch again but still have the same problem :(

And I think I need the knowledge she gives so I can continue onwards,

I see on the bug report site someone else has the same problem (TLDP-3219) but no solution

Have attached a copy of my output_log_text to see if it helps,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

output_log.txt

Hi Mugger, thanks for your post. I have some questions and apologize if the answers seem obvious -- I want to make sure I full understand your situation and don't miss any details that might be important.

What exactly are you seeing when you activate the vault door?

Are you using a mouse/keyboard, or a controller? 

Do you see or hear anything when you use your movement keys/thumbsticks?

Do you experience the same issue when you activate the safe next to the vault?

Hi Mel,

Thanks for the reply,

Am using a mouse and keyboard,

When I try using the safe I get the same results as when trying the vault,

Have attached a screen shot (as I said only get the static graph and cannot interact with),

Thanks again

screen_(-5, 2, -1)_ab2d73a4-d18d-4205-a8e4-59d68e75a206.png

1 hour ago, Mugger said:

Am using a mouse and keyboard,
Have attached a screen shot (as I said only get the static graph and cannot interact with),

Might be a silly question, but you have tried the 'a' and 'd' keys, yes? They're what's supposed to rotate the dial.

58 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Might be a silly question, but you have tried the 'a' and 'd' keys, yes? They're what's supposed to rotate the dial.

Hides my head in embarrassment

Thanks JAFO that's what the problem was - I never knew that was required - working as expected

But in my defense - awell you live and learn

Thanks to @Mel Guille as well for taking the time to reply

1 hour ago, Mugger said:

Hides my head in embarrassment

Thanks JAFO that's what the problem was - I never knew that was required - working as expected

But in my defense - awell you live and learn

Don't worry about it.. there are lots of little things about this game that aren't very clear to begin with. And there are lots of interesting (and sometimes even elegant) details that it takes a long time to learn. I have 500 hours in this game, and I still learn new things about it from time to time!

Don't worry @Mugger, when I first started playing the Survival mode (a.k.a. Sandbox - pre-release times) way, way back, I made the same mistake and puzzled over it for nearly a day before I accidentally hit the 'a' key and the dial turned...it was a true, "Doh!" moment. :D

Archived