Aurora gone after bear hunt

stapeliad

7 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

Yep I pushed the button and got the mission updated thingie, but no change to the journal.   No aurora yet, either, after 3 more nights.   I'll keep trying.

Did you go back outside and talk to Methuselah? There should be a guy camped outside the dam now.

Just now, stapeliad said:

And you touched the elevator button and got the Mission Updated notification? If you wait for night the aurora will never come, you have to sleep.

I touched the elevator button and got the mission updated notification.

I have slept since then, during the day in one of the trailers by the dam.  I've been staying up all night in the junk-strewn yard in front of the dam to watch for Methusela and the Aurora.  Nada.

1 minute ago, Ruruwawa said:

I touched the elevator button and got the mission updated notification.

I have slept since then, during the day in one of the trailers by the dam.  I've been staying up all night in the junk-strewn yard in front of the dam to watch for Methusela and the Aurora.  Nada.

Wow..... that REALLY stinks. And you are so close to the end too.... I'm completely out of ideas, maybe try touching the lock to the control room too, see if that does anything.

Well, damn.  Sure hope I'm not bugged again... it's taken such a long time to get to this point.  I guess I'll try the control room door itself but that seems pretty unlikely.  Will already did that in the cutscene, would we have to do it again?

23 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

@Ruruwawa did you sleep and wake up in the middle of the night? That's when the aurora appears. It never appears by waiting for it while awake.

Bingo -- this seems to be the trick.  I was passing time through the nights in 1 hour increments so I wouldn't miss the Aurora.  So I tried sleeping a couple hours into the night and woke to the aurora & Methusela.  Phew!  Pretty tired atm, so I'll try to finish this off tomorrow.  Thanks so much for the hint!

Oh excellent!  I'm glad it worked.

When I first saw the aurora I wanted to watch for it like i watch the sunsets, but it never appeared unless I slept and woke in the middle of the night.  I did stay up all night to watch it fade once.... in daylight it is still there too, faintly, until you go in a building or sleep. :) 

Archived