Clothing Accessories

wildauk

On 8/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, happybjorn said:

The only item is the wool ear wrap.

We're kind of hoping that the next item for the accessory slot will be a craftable arm-guard, that you can use when fighting wolves.. Patrick has passed the idea along to the devs, so keep your eyes and fingers crossed for it!

• 3 weeks later...

^^ this. I haven't seen any loot tables, but it seems that the higher probability/chance in the locked lockers for better loot. Perhaps also in safes as well, not found them personally there. Anyone get one from a safe? I got Mukluks from hunter cabin safe this am, so I would assume ear wraps would be on that level too. 

It's ridiculous that at this point in the game's development, the only accessory we can wear is a couple of wool ear wraps. And they only come in yellow!

How about some type of protective glasses? Or earmuffs? Rabbit earmuffs? I guess Don't Starve already did that, but still! Not the worst idea. 

What about a wolf or bear hood? That would look pretty badass with the corresponding wolf/bear coat.

The ear wraps are considered a rare item. Which is funny because they are rather heavy for a fact they provide shitty protection and are super easy to ruin. Easiest way to find them is in rare clothing containers, which are lockers, especially the locked ones. Occasionally one can find them in cupboards, or in a container of the plane cargo, but in that case they spawn in big amounts.

41 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

What about a wolf or bear hood? That would look pretty badass with the corresponding wolf/bear coat.

Wouldnt that technically be a part of that said coat, seeing as it would be sewed to it? Just saying...

1 minute ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I was referring to adding a separate piece, but that would be a good way to free up the accessories slot for other stuff

Wouldnt it be great if there was a way to "improve" existing crafted clothes this way? Like, "add a hood" which would increase the clothing temp bonus a bit and wind bonus a lot, or choosing a different option - adding a "fur neck lining" instead which would increase the "temp bonus" but add no wind bonus?

I think it would be pretty rad if there was a possibility to improve the existing clothes a bit. Just cant imagine a bear coat additions, wasting a whole piece of bear hide just to add a tiny hood seems a bit extreme - unless the "accesoried improvements" were done from different kind of leather - like rabbits and wolves only, for example.
It could also push people into making multiple crafted clothes with different addons on, each for a specific task - I can see a lot of things that these addons could improve - be it animal defense bonus, animal scaring chance bonus, wet resistance bonus, temp bonus, air temp bonus, the sprinting limitation, etc. Also, some addons could also decrease a certain aspect a bit as a counteraction.

23 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I definitely think we should be able to craft other earmuffs, and hats.

Actually I wouldn't consider crafting finished until you can craft clothes for any slot, and also out of multiple different animal hides per slot....

I think I would object to leather or fur socks, though.... and underwear, actually. Eegh, that's one sure way to get athlete's foot and jock itch.

Otherwise I guess we're only missing a craftable shirt (which would probably be a vest, given the material) and a hat (which should absolutely be a thing--a fur-lined toque!). I suppose also the accessory slot, but that seems like it's intended to be a rare find.

4 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

I think I would object to leather or fur socks, though.... and underwear, actually. Eegh, that's one sure way to get athlete's foot and jock itch.

Otherwise I guess we're only missing a craftable shirt (which would probably be a vest, given the material) and a hat (which should absolutely be a thing--a fur-lined toque!). I suppose also the accessory slot, but that seems like it's intended to be a rare find.

Well as far as clothes crafting goes....not every item has to be out of hide....they could make recipes for underwear, shirts, and socks out of cloth....or even add another whole material like wool. It would make things slightly more complicated, but some items are clearly described as wool clothes and others as cotton clothes. Harvesting cotton clothes could give you cloth and wool clothes could give you wool.....

• 1 month later...

Archived