Update on Build Status for Xbox, PS4 & Patching Process

Raphael van Lierop

25 minutes ago, def1ance said:

I'm a Steam player and I was able to get through the 2 episodes without a single bug and that was all due to the hard work put into the game since the very beggining and also in the past weeks in all the patches which were released.

That's good news to hear..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chrischris said:

PS4 1.09 still crashing occasionally.

Storymode not saving saves.  Might be awhile before I get back to that for the third time.  So far survival mode is stable and saving saves.  On 20th day.   I assume you already know this stuff, but thought I'd mention it after chrischris posted.

Hi,

Thank you for your share. I have a question for the developer, what happened with the shadows produced from the light that the character is holding? Earlier it was fine but now it's sooo pixelated. I'm playing on Xbox one by the way, but I also observed this on PS4 by YouTube video. I'm sorry to say it but it's devastating. Will this be fixed to its original state again?

Best regards

SP

21 minutes ago, NightlySteel said:

Hi,

Thank you for your share. I have a question for the developer, what happened with the shadows produced from the light that the character is holding? Earlier it was fine but now it's sooo pixelated. I'm playing on Xbox one by the way, but I also observed this on PS4 by YouTube video. I'm sorry to say it but it's devastating. Will this be fixed to its original state again?

Best regards

SP

Can you turn them off under options until it's patched? I have mine turned off....shadows are graphics intensive, and I don't feel they offer anything to a game....

Also, did you bug report it? The bug squashers are often too busy squashing bugs to read every little complaint in the forums....

Edited by Thrasador

49 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Can you turn them off under options until it's patched? I have mine turned off....shadows are graphics intensive, and I don't feel they offer anything to a game....

Also, did you bug report it? The bug squashers are often too busy squashing bugs to read every little complaint in the forums....

Hi,

Nope. Cannot turn of on console, but yes it's horrific. And no I have not bug reported it. I figured they knew about it and that it was some kind of tactical compromised decision. They have to know about, because it's impossible to go unnoticed.

Thanks for letting me know it's not just me that have discovered this. I used to like the graphics when lighting up a dark room or bunker or so, but now I just go to bed and wait for the day light and spend as little time I can, or just simply avoiding bunkers and dark spaces.

This is how it used to look, before it was broken:

Unfortunately I don't have a video of the present state for comparison, but If you have a Xbox One or PS4 or maby PC( don't know if it's the same there) It's just to light up a dark room and the horrific shadows will rice from the long dark ;-)

26 minutes ago, NightlySteel said:

Hi,

Nope. Cannot turn of on console, but yes it's horrific. And no I have not bug reported it. I figured they knew about it and that it was some kind of tactical compromised decision. They have to know about, because it's impossible to go unnoticed.

Thanks for letting me know it's not just me that have discovered this. I used to like the graphics when lighting up a dark room or bunker or so, but now I just go to bed and wait for the day light and spend as little time I can, or just simply avoiding bunkers and dark spaces.

This is how it used to look, before it was broken:

Unfortunately I don't have a video of the present state for comparison, but If you have a Xbox One or PS4 or maby PC( don't know if it's the same there) It's just to light up a dark room and the horrific shadows will rice from the long dark ;-)

So at the main menu, there's no options for the game? Under options there is nothing for "display?" That sucks. I always prefer to turn shadows off....Even though I'm on PC and I have an NVIDIA 960M, which is more than adequate to run the game at max everything, I turn shadows off because I just don't care about shadows. I figure everything else will run smoother and at a higher FPS without them...

13 hours ago, Thrasador said:

So at the main menu, there's no options for the game? Under options there is nothing for "display?" That sucks. I always prefer to turn shadows off....Even though I'm on PC and I have an NVIDIA 960M, which is more than adequate to run the game at max everything, I turn shadows off because I just don't care about shadows. I figure everything else will run smoother and at a higher FPS without them...

There is a display option but the option to turn on/of shadows is not present. Options like this is never present on consoles. The normal options under display in a game on console is adjustment of brightness and perspective. And hud option. In TLD I cannot even adjust brightness only perspective and hud on/off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NightlySteel said:

There is a display option but the option to turn on/of shadows is not present. Options like this is never present on consoles. The normal options under display in a game on console is adjustment of brightness and perspective. And hud option. In TLD I cannot even adjust brightness only perspective and hud on/off.

That blows....oh well....