Hanks Hatch Quest(spoilers)

MadMartigan

Starting a thread just for this since it seems to be bugged still.  Has any one succeeded in getting the hatch yet?  My save before the patch was on finding the body at the pond.  Ive tried going in to buildings to reload the area and sleeping and nothing seems to work.  Every time i open that box i just get a rifle round and a note but no code and no journal update.   Hank's Hatch still tells me i need the code

Has any one succeeded at this and if so any suggestions?

Update,

So apparently if you open the box it still doesnt the journal update but the patch will fix it.  I had to open the box (still no code or journal update) i had to save my game, back out to main menu and then reload my save.  When i did that my journal updated with the code

Ross,

it should come up right after you kill the bear.   Dead body spawns at silent pond no talking to Jeremiah required as you cant at the point

46 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Update,

So apparently if you open the box it still doesnt the journal update but the patch will fix it.  I had to open the box (still no code or journal update) i had to save my game, back out to main menu and then reload my save.  When i did that my journal updated with the code

I did the entire quest today under Update 5, no hitches at all.  I'm on PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing on PC, I killed the bear, gave the ear to Jeremiah, successfully completing the Jeremiah's Folly quest. At this point, Hank's body is meant to spawn at Unnamed Pond next to an infinite campfire. There should be a note near the body, and on the Hank's body is the key to his lockbox. The lockbox is found within the Lookout, and it contains a note talking about the Hatch. The hatch is found at the North part of the map, around the Logging area (there should be an exact location marked on your map). Once you find it you can go in. I don't remember whether the Hatch is locked and the lockbox had a key to it, or if it's unlocked to begin with, but either way it should let you in from this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived