Darkness

Jack_jab

Playing  the game I noticed that too many times the interiors are too dark during daytime.While being dark during the night adds a lot to the immersion, I think Hinterland should tweak the darkness during daytime,too many times I've used a torch ecc. To see when outside was sunny and bright.Another cool feature to add would be eyes getting used to dark and so being able to see a little bit more at night when staying in interiors for a long time.

No, I agree with Jack_jab. I'm right now inside of the Pleasant Valley's barn (waiting 3 days for the nomad challenge), and even at midday with all the windows, it's still pitch black in there, so much that I have to use a light source (that in reality would be only slightly perceptible). Although this matter vary of the buidling you're in.

On the other hand, the outside is always really bright, even at midnight. I know that the snow everywhere reflects light and in reality you can see pretty well, but that still is a bit too much. My 2 cents.

I don't mind it, I like the fact that it can be too dark and that I need to use a light source like with porter cabin interiors because it reminds me of the darkness this game truly has at its soul. It really encloses you and feels like an enemy in itself to your survival.

Henroe32, I agree with you. Really !! But I could'nt even see my sleeping bag that was at my very own feet despite being near a window (with other windows around) at midday with sunny weather... It just makes no sense. In some places, the lights from the windows should be modified. But that is only for some buildings, usually the lights are just fine.

I agree that interior is very dark in the lower corners but I think it's okay overall.

I don't know if it's recently been changed (it was updated) but the brightness of the dam interior seems to have increased over time and I really don't like it. I would prefer it if it were darker again because this gives the building a haunting soul and anticipating nature of fear that it now lacks. Last time I travelled through it I didn't even need a light spource and I'll admit to being slightly dissapointed.

1 hour ago, Prestermatt said:

I think glow sticks would be fun simply because glow sticks ARE fun.  But only if there's a satisfying "snap" animation -- like twisting the rabbit's head, but without murdering a cute, fluffy, innocent animal.

Call me sentimental, but I still hesitate every time I do that. It'd be interesting though if you took too long to decide if the rabbit bites your hand and gets away, its a way to punish you for being indecisive or sentimental like me :P

27 minutes ago, deathbydanish said:

Call me sentimental, but I still hesitate every time I do that. It'd be interesting though if you took too long to decide if the rabbit bites your hand and gets away, its a way to punish you for being indecisive or sentimental like me :P

Particularly if the rabbit bite gave you a disease.  It would make throwing stones a bit more risky.

4 minutes ago, Prestermatt said:

Particularly if the rabbit bite gave you a disease.  It would make throwing stones a bit more risky.

In that case they should add the killer bunny from Monty Python The Holy Grail, it'll be skinned with white fur and red eyes, if you approach it, it will trigger a struggle mini game like it does with the wolves or bears. Ok maybe that is going too far, bunnies with rabies are much more plausible, make them show the typical signs of rabies, like uncoordinated movement and no fear of humans, so when you do catch one, it'll just take a few seconds before it bites you.

Archived