More actions in bed

Etilord

Beds are extremely valuable for their warmth bonus. Right now there are only 2 things you can do in them, sleep or pass time.

I wish it were possible to do a few more things in bed, and still get the warmth bonus:
- repair clothing
- harvest / break down most items in inventory (rabbits an exception because of mess?)
- sharpen tools
- eat / drink
- read (also, we should be able to read in half hour segments)

Okay. If we eat salty crackers in bed, crumbs will remain, making it uncomfortable to sleep there. Consequence: Less sleep and therefore less healing overnight because of crumbs. And if we use the lantern while reading in bed, there should be a slight chance that we accidentally set the bed on fire, destroying it and suffering burning damage.

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2017 at 1:09 PM, Etilord said:

Beds are extremely valuable for their warmth bonus. Right now there are only 2 things you can do in them, sleep or pass time.

I wish it were possible to do a few more things in bed, and still get the warmth bonus:
- repair clothing
- harvest / break down most items in inventory (rabbits an exception because of mess?)
- sharpen tools
- eat / drink
- read (also, we should be able to read in half hour segments)

i agree with you for read and eat and drink in the bed but other things are little bit weird i dont know if you broke things and repair your clothes in your bed at your home but not me. something will be most funny its if we can add some layers of blankets to keep warm.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, Hotzn said:

Okay. If we eat salty crackers in bed, crumbs will remain, making it uncomfortable to sleep there. Consequence: Less sleep and therefore less healing overnight because of crumbs. And if we use the lantern while reading in bed, there should be a slight chance that we accidentally set the bed on fire, destroying it and suffering burning damage.

Well I would hope most would make sure the lantern is kept on a flat surface away from things that would cause it to break and start fires. I think mostly I would want to see reading and repairing clothing whilst using the bedroll or a bed, as possibilities. The other stuff is less likely to be done irl in bed, except for eating but there are reasons to avoid that in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. Best suggestion ever! I had to click on this when I read it. You guys are being very mature about this. I will try to follow suit.

More actions in bed. What mechanic could be implemented that you could do in bed, by yourself, time to kill, relieve the stress of the day?.... Got it. Canadian Yarn Art Crafting.... Get your mind out of the gutter people, what did you think I was going to suggest!? B|

Archived