Need help with Jeremiah's Hideout -- no aurora (SPOILERS)

Ruruwawa

I've been camped by the Jeremiah's bunker in FM for five nights now.   I sleep all day then Pass Time through the night 1 hour at a time.  Still no Aurora.  

Storywise, I'm on the Survival School / plants step, so I have seen the Aurora randomly in ML.  But not in FM... am I doing something wrong?  Any tips?

thanks!

Thanks @stapeliad.  Usually I don't save scum (don't find it enjoyable), but I've come to the conclusion that it's the best way to guarantee I'll finish the story my RL gaming time runs out.   So I rewound to before my FM trip.  Now I'm trying to progress to the bear hunt.  I'd love to know how things turn out for you!

I got this side mission done.   When I went back after save scumming, I got the little "hey looky here" dialog from Will, since I was just discovering the location.   That very night the Aurora showed up and I was able to do the mission stuff inside.  I got back out before the Aurora stopped... didn't want to be trapped.  (The next day I verified that the hatch was didn't work again, presumably because no Aurora.)

I ran into a different blocking bug on the final step of the quest, but fortunately I was able to reload and redo.  The bug occurs when you burn the old letters.   These show as a starter fuel in the fire starting interface, like a book.  Burning the letters this way removes them from your quest inventory but does not advance the quest!  You must burn the letters AFTER the fire is started using other fuel.

Good luck, I hope you get it done today too! :D

So sorry to hear it @stapeliad :(  I'm on my 5th restart from the very beginning.  I got all the way to the hunting lodge before the last one bugged.  I took a 3+ day break to swear a lot and get some RL stuff done... so I definitely know how it feels!

Did you try killing yourself and reload from a checkpoint?  That has worked for some people. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have been on this map for 3 weeks in the game now and have had no Aurora. I have finally exhausted the map of cattails because for some reason I haven't seen wildlife in 2 weeks. Not even any new crows. Have to head back to mystery lake :-(((

Aurora waiting is reeeally uncool. It should happen at LEAST every 3 days, dude.

This is my second go at chapter 2 because my first go at it ended in the dam, which I won't spoil for you, but the combination of these two ideas is super super uncool. 

On 9/11/2017 at 4:18 PM, PleXD said:

If you have started the Hunt the bear quest then the Aurora stops for some reason.

So go back and finish the bear quest and you will then get the Aurora.

I think this is slightly bad design

That is so lame! I've been camped out in FM for over two weeks and it has snowed every night.

I only came to this side mission because after shooting the bear twice, I can't find him at any of his haunts. Guess I'll head back and try to find the bear.

Overall I am enjoying the story mode but some of these glitches really take the fun out of it. 

Thanks for the info @PleXD

Playing on Xbox one

• 3 weeks later...

well now its my turn i guess. 

i did the bear mission completed, gave him the ear blah blah, got told to get out and go to the dam but i decided to do this mission first.  so here i am at the hatch, 6 days now and no aurora.  

getting tired of just sitting around all day and passing 1 hour at a time.  i am camping in the cave by the waterfall so as to not be "too close" because i have a feeling that the devs don't like it if you camp right outside the hatch.  

maybe next patch, make it so untill you beat the mission that depends on the aurora, make it happen every few days.   i expected to have to wait a few days and prepared for it but i didn't expect to wait 6 f' ing nights.  

on another note, that bear mission,  on encounter 5/6 it was perpetually foggy as hell all day long for more than 3 days in a row (i purposefully dragged this quest out because i didn't want to go looking for the bear in peas soup fog) so after 3 days of that shit i went on and killed him in the fog.  guess what.. immediately it got clear.  

do the same thing with this dammed quest.  once you discover the hatch, it triggers the aurora within 3 nights.  problem f' ing solved.  how hard is that ?

ill wait 3 more days if not happen?  well jerimiah can piss off and burn his own dam letters

13 hours ago, Simone Else said:

on another note, that bear mission,  on encounter 5/6 it was perpetually foggy as hell all day long for more than 3 days in a row (i purposefully dragged this quest out because i didn't want to go looking for the bear in peas soup fog) so after 3 days of that shit i went on and killed him in the fog.  guess what.. immediately it got clear.  

Yeah, that happens with the bear quest, as soon as you shoot it the 5th time, it is scripted fog, so yeah, it makes the last part scary as hell. 

13 hours ago, Simone Else said:

i did the bear mission completed, gave him the ear blah blah, got told to get out and go to the dam but i decided to do this mission first.  so here i am at the hatch, 6 days now and no aurora.  

getting tired of just sitting around all day and passing 1 hour at a time.  i am camping in the cave by the waterfall so as to not be "too close" because i have a feeling that the devs don't like it if you camp right outside the hatch.  

maybe next patch, make it so untill you beat the mission that depends on the aurora, make it happen every few days.   i expected to have to wait a few days and prepared for it but i didn't expect to wait 6 f' ing nights.  

do the same thing with this dammed quest.  once you discover the hatch, it triggers the aurora within 3 nights.  problem f' ing solved.  how hard is that ?

ill wait 3 more days if not happen?  well jerimiah can piss off and burn his own dam letters

I never got around to doing those quests, mostly cuz I didn’t want to, but it is scripted to do that with the aroura? The aroura happens 3 days after you find it? That would be helpful because I might go back and do that just for the achievement.

i got the dammed thing done,  but not in the waterfall area, it happend as i was leaving the area after i gave up on it.

i stopped at the poachers camp because i left some stuff there. and decided to make some water and since water takes like 4 hours to boil for some reason it started to get dark.  so i was thinking to myself "great, 1 more night in this dammed place" then of course aurora pops in when i am way down here.  

so yeah i had to go back up the mountain. my advice if you gonna do it, is just stay way down at the boxcar.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Just hang in there.  Remember, you can starve & parch yourself.  Before you rest though, make sure you have eaten at least 1000 calories and full water.

That's what I've been doing, I'm good at the Canadian diet of starvation lol my other game in survival mode is stalker on day 194. Water is running low though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in story mode, at Jeremiah's hatch. I've been camping out for 18 game days and have not seen the Aurora. I've stocked up on water, have killed a few deer and spend my days collecting wood, while sleeping for 1hr at a time. From what I've read, do I have to complete the bear quest before the Aurora appears again? Someone I watched on YouTube waited outside the hatch for 31 game days before seeing the Aurora again. 

Archived