PLEASE READ

henroe32

This is a request for the forum rather than the game.

With the release of Wintermute the community has gained many new members and it's nice that the game continues to reveive support in this way.

My request is simply that new and old members please DO NOT START A TOPIC FOR SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE UNLESS YOU HAVE SCROLLED THROUGH SEVERAL PAGES OF THE TOPICS SND CHECKED THAT IT IS NOT THERE FIRST. 

I mean this is the recent topic list:

IMG_3149.PNG

There's the same topic (traps twice) there and it has been mentioned countless times.

My suggestion to avoid everyone sighing when the same topic is mentioned again is to just find the old post (if available) and comment on that which will refresh it's recent edit time.

I am not saying I'm perfect; I think I've probably done this before too but please can we try to avoid congestion on this forum

Further to which, if you want to make a suggestion, try using the Search Bar near the top-left of the forum pages. If your suggestion already has a thread for it, you'll probably find it, that way. Then you can see what's already been said before contributing yourself.

Using the search function is too much for most people. Also there would basically be no new "ideas" anymore if they did, as almost everything appearing on the forums has been here before. Traps? Sled? Dog companion? Spears? We've seen all of that a felt hundreds of times over the years.

5 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Using the search function is too much for most people. Also there would basically be no new "ideas" anymore if they did, as almost everything appearing on the forums has been here before. Traps? Sled? Dog companion? Spears? We've seen all of that a felt hundreds of times over the years.

I'm not having a hard time with it, are you talking about people who post on smart devices, not PCs?

I see though the point they are getting at, redundant topics don't really further the feedback process. But at the same time, you can be right, but completely off base in how you present your points. I know this is the Internet and that TLD can be considered a somewhat introvert's game, but I am finding a lack of decorum and the adversarial response as the first response (sometimes only response) to be very detrimental to this community. I'm also kickstarting the new Battletech PC game and the level of cringe/curumudgeons associated with the tabletop community basically results in the TT players shouting down anything they don't agree with. Am I wrong in making the assumption that we are all well adjusted adults that can have a civil discussion where disagreement doesn't equal an adversarial response?

Archived