Add animal trapping

mmvspace

Traps that could kill bears of wolfes are just an easy way to get meat. When looking for meat in TLD (which is an unlimited resource), I really think you should have to put your life on the line. As I said in a previous thread, it could be ok if the trap you're setting can randomly trigger on you arms/hands and injure you. In this case, the traps can be what they really are : a really usefull, but incredibly hazardous item.

BUT what could be quite cool, would be active traps previously put there by local hunters... Hidden under the snow... That can trigger when you walk on them. And heavily injure your foot/leg ! I guess this can be a fair way to get them totally random.

13 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi @mmvspace, there are currently options to craft and place rabbit snares. Were you imagining a different kind of trapping system?

Hello! Putting traps on wolves would also be more interesting.

3 hours ago, StrayCat said:

BUT what could be quite cool, would be active traps previously put there by local hunters... Hidden under the snow... That can trigger when you walk on them. And heavily injure your foot/leg ! I guess this can be a fair way to get them totally random.

Yes, this would be more interesting and it would be more difficult to play.

18 hours ago, henroe32 said:

Need to be more specific

Well, then, taking into account the above, the suggestions are:

1. @StrayCat active traps previously put there by local hunters... Hidden under the snow... That can trigger when you walk on them.
  2. The trap has weight.
  3. The trap can break down. Repair is not possible.
  4. Each trap can be used no more than 3 or 4 times. That is, traps have a limited amount of use.
  5. The trap does not affect deer and bear.
  6. Heavily injure hands, foot/leg and shoes.

Goals:

1. Adding the complexity of passing the game.
  2. The need to be more attentive.
  3. The opportunity to get more meat.

Archived