Banishment of "Stored Actions"

WildF1re

The Long Dark pushes the unity engine to it's limit. But, I would prefer some mechanical engine fixes. One I would like to point out is the use of "stored actions" the game has. In some other games, if you are in the middle of performing "Action A", and press the key for "Action B", the game will place "Action B" in "que" or "store" the action. Meaning that after "Action A" is done performing, "Action B" will perform immediately, regardless if the player pressed the key again or not. This feature/bug (depends on how you look at it) ing the game and caused me major annoyance. For example, some animations are long (drawing/holstering flare gun).  Some times when I am in a rush to get my flare gun out, I will start pressing "2" (on my keyboard and the button for "weapons") and will start cycling through my weapons. To get to the flare gun, I would have to go through my rifle first therefore I need to press "2" twice. If I were to make the mistake of pressing "2" a third time, I would be doomed as when I am thinking I can aim and ready up the flare gun, I immediately holster the gun, thus dying from waste of time I did from the stored action.

TL;DR: Either make the animations for flare gun faster, or add hotkeys for specific items

Archived