Just a "few" things

alunasmoon

so first off i wanna say i love this game i spend hours at a time playing and its great i have a few things that id like to see, things that erk me, and thingd i feel need to change.

What id like to see

1. Id love to have some kind of craftable storage. considering food is best kept outdoors it would be nice to not have to just leave in on the floor. That being said it would be nice to be able to set up a storage box when you need it nothing permanent unless you want it to be but a choice to create your own storage would be nice. 

2. sleeping  mat. it would be lighter then a sleeping bag and less warm but light enough that its not something you want to drop for carry wieght and so if you say idk need energy to climb a rope you dont die because you forgot your sleeping bag cause you just had to have all that water because of the one time you ran out... moving on 

3.  cooking recipes. i feel like having a nice plate of deer meat and peaches should be more filling and better for you then just a slab of meat id like to see some kind of stews or plates of food added. i also think a Thermos should be added for soups in cans and stews so they stay warm as you travel.

Ok on to the things that erk me...

1. wet stones.... they are suck... i use 1 whole stone for the first time and get a dead axe to 77% thats not alot ontop of that the increase from the start 30 skill to 50 only increases the % from sharpening 1%  thats crazy.

2. blood trails.. so this is fine but not only does it not generate till your right ontop of it but if an animal runs on thin ice and your following blood your gonna fall in... if you dont the blood trail can not be found again 90% of the time.. also side note if i shoot a deer in the back leg it shouldnt be running that fast...

ok and finally things that need to change cause omg...

1. carry weight... now im not saying we should just receive carry weight for nothing but the way we work is if we carry large amounts of weight over encumbered for so long or even just full weight for a long time carry weight should rise it makes no sense  that it would stay the same over a 100 days as you carry more and more carry weight should go up . to an extent that is.

2. stamina should be the same way over time your run and run you will build up stamina.

3.cooking all of something... this irritates me every time i need to make all of a coffee or tea or cook multiple fish.same with crafting and forging if i need 5 arrow heads or arrows or if im crafting 50 let me why do i have to do it 1 by 1 by 1.... 

and thats my list and my opinion id love to hear yours!

I personnaly don't care about the rest (except cooking, that is a good idea). But for carry weight... Have you ever tried to use a 30kg backpack ??? Not for 10 minutes, no, for a several days hike ! I can say that our character is extraordinary strong, he already is a huge beast !!! Usually, a 15 kg backpack is quite fair, a 20kg one is heavy, 25 kg would quickly destroy your back and exhaust you on the first mile. If you want to use a 30 kg backpack for several days, you better be a muscle monster who got a hard specifical training...  :) And the longer you carry it, the more exhausted you become. In fact, carry weight should decrease over time if over-encumbered... And this could cause injuries.

Carry weight decreases as you get ores which is good

I like the idea of caftable storage outside. I don't know if wolves can steal meat you drop but if they could a cage would be very useful.

Logistically eating things the way the character does is the most efficient but meh.

Archived