Unavailable in Australia - PS4

Zambayoshi

1 hour ago, happybjorn said:

The stickied ratings and launch dates thread doesn't mention PS4 for Australia.

Ratings for Australia are still in the pipeline, I guess.. this was mentioned before launch:

For Xbox One, we will launch in all countries covered by our three current ratings, on August 1st. Additional territories (ex. Australia, New Zealand, etc.) will be made available as soon as we secure ratings and get those versions through Microsoft.

I'd imagine the case is the same for the PS4 version.

What is quite concerning, is the fact that the Classification Board website lists the rating as "Xbox One" when other games e.g. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (rated on 1 August 2017) are listed as "Multi Platform" ( http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=UU8O7pB9y%2b1E1OQ03Y2FRQ%3d%3d&ncdctx=lNX4SrDwFOGqmNvKG79hKBUOsUoCRKUhzfcnsR3EluRqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU ) 

This suggests to me that the PS4 version of The Long Dark was either not submitted for classification along with the Xbox One version, or has not been submitted for classification at all.

I have tweeted the devs twice over the last couple of days and left a message on Facebook, but no reply about the Australian release on PS4. I'd be really grateful for anyone from the team to provide any reassurance whatsoever that an Australian PS4 release is imminent.

Still nothing. No rating from the ACB. Not available on the PS Store.

Why do I get the feeling that Hinterland is deliberately ignoring this issue? How hard is it to write something like "There's been a delay in the classification process. No further news at this time"?

1 minute ago, Zambayoshi said:

How hard is it to write something like "There's been a delay in the classification process. No further news at this time"?

Come on now.. this is an Aussie Govt department we're talking about here.. Getting information out of them is like pulling teeth. I doubt they've even told Hinterland there are delays..

Sort of thought the game would have quietly been released by now, or, that we would have at least had some explanation for the delay.

So, may as well try again, even though it seems like I'm wasting my breath:

Sup, Hinterland. Got any news for us PS4 Australian homies?

Archived