Magnifying Glass

Lrrr Ruler of OP8

35 minutes ago, Citizenfour said:

I found one in ML in the lake office. I had to break down a crate to find it though. 

Interesting! was it inside the crate or behind it? I guess that's what I'll start doing then :)

13 minutes ago, June said:

Started 3 Interloper runs and always found one. Guaranteed spawns seem either the cabin in TWM, the Camp Office in ML or the room with the chimney in the PV farmhouse. Come on little fire! ^^

Aahh so it is similar to what it used to be, I've just been less observant ;)

It's knowing where to look, the only part that is luck is how many places you have to check before you find one.  Someone posted a link that had all the rare item locations, wish I could remember where :(

Interesting detail on the upstairs location in camp office.  I'm guessing the rework forced having to break down a crate to reach it?

Just now, happybjorn said:

Interesting detail on the upstairs location in camp office.  I'm guessing the rework forced having to break down a crate to reach it?

Perhaps it was intentional? I know when I played the very first few days of Wintermute, there were some extra supplies in the crates if you broke them down. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr Ruler of OP8 said:

Perhaps it was intentional? I know when I played the very first few days of Wintermute, there were some extra supplies in the crates if you broke them down. 

When Forlorn Muskeg was added, I found some fireaccelerant breaking down the crates in the broken house with the forge. Also in the plane wreck on TWM, when you break down the crates, sometimes there´s stuff in it. Really seldom though it seems.

Just now, Lrrr Ruler of OP8 said:

It's one of the small crates with an open top next to the upstairs table (there are two).

As far as items being inside the larger green crates, it seems like something they either didn't start doing, or didn't do much of, until they released the FM map.

22 minutes ago, Lrrr Ruler of OP8 said:

Interesting! was it inside the crate or behind it? I guess that's what I'll start doing then :)

Aahh so it is similar to what it used to be, I've just been less observant ;)

It was behind the crate! May have been able to see it without breaking it down, but it wasn't until it was broken down that I noticed it sitting there. Upstairs beside the table with the lamp I believe! 

Archived